Footjoy trouser fit?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Am planning on buying some trousers and shorts.

I'm a 34 in Nike and Next stuff, but have sometimes had to go 36 with some other stuff.

How's the fit with FJ, do they come up true-to-size, or on the small side?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I've found with Footjoy, if it says tailored, slim or athletic fit, it means it! I've been a 32 in some or a 34 in others, so depends.
Regular fit and you will certainly be fine with 34" waist.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This sort of thing annoys me so much! How can a 32 in one brand be a 34 in another? They're supposed to be inches!!
I bought two pair of Adidas shorts last year both 38” from the same shop.
one fitted great the other just about got one leg in.
as you say Inches are a standard measurement.

They came back with “there is nothing wrong with the shorts they just had the wrong label sewn into them” :oops:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
This sort of thing annoys me so much! How can a 32 in one brand be a 34 in another? They're supposed to be inches!!
Same as women find a size 12 is not always a size 12.
Means you have to go into a shop and try on and likely buy more.
And means that vain but fat people can claim to be a size smaller! 🤣
Rubbish system if you ask me!
Manufacturers should be forced to make all clothing and shoes in identical measurements!

sjw

Visit site
Same as women find a size 12 is not always a size 12.
Means you have to go into a shop and try on and likely buy more.
And means that vain but fat people can claim to be a size smaller! 🤣
Rubbish system if you ask me!
Manufacturers should be forced to make all clothing and shoes in identical measurements!
Except it's worse, no? Because I'm not aware that a "size 12" has any units. Inches are inches!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Except it's worse, no? Because I'm not aware that a "size 12" has any units. Inches are inches!
Exactly how I feel. It should be impossible to get it wrong? Made worse for me as I believe my true waist size is a 33, so I typically have to get a 34 and wear a built anyway. Usually that works fine, sometimes the 34 is like clown trousers though and I have to go 32. Whereas usually a 32 is just a little bit too tight.

Shoe sizes are the same but at least they're not supposed to be an exact unit of measurement.

sjw

Visit site
My inside leg is 32”. Why do a lot of the manufacturers only make some styles with a 31” or 33” inside leg?
If you shop around you'll eventually find one who uses those tape measures that evidently have different sized inches on