Forest of Arden

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Heading out there next week (on a 2-for-1 voucher I hasten to add), and was wondering if it's worth it? We'll get on for £50 a head. I remember it looking special when it used to host the English Open, any opinions from someone who's played it though?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
From what I've heard it is long, the rough is quite thick (not long just heavy and the ball sits down) and is tight in places. That said for £50 I'd jump at the chance to test myself. Hope you enjoy it the weather holds out and you play well.

Looking for a full report on how you got on

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hey.....now you're in my old neck of the woods (Birmingham).

It's in my top 50 and in the top 100 of my favourite web-site. The course is new(ish) but has a mature feel with some holes "cut out" of fern and tree forest. It has lovely springy turf (great for irons) and is nearly always a pleasure. At £50 it's good value given it's standing. There are 1 or 2 £40 courses around that area which I like equally, but hard to get on and not the presence of the Arden. It's great......just don't go near the other course.....it's tragic.....(I walked off when I visited to join the whole set-up).

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played it twice and its sooooo good its unreal. Have fun, take lots of balls and enjoy it. See if you can birdie the last like I did!!!!

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played it last year,friend of mine has a corperate membership there £50 is a good deal normaly £80 we drove from Manchester and it persisted down all the way to the first tee soon as we teed off it stopped raining, and apart from a few puddles it was fine.
I found the course very playable not to difficult (i play off 9) from the tee's of the day.I'm Sure it's a different course from the back's.There are plenty of trees and long rough to find if you stray off line
Highlight of the day for me was parring the last hole which is a par three of the backs,no one was looking so we nipped on.
Would I pay £50 to play it again Mmmm Just?

simplyme

Head Pro
Visit site
I have played this a couple of times now, it's worth it (just about) for £50. Can be tight in places, few trees around and the rought can be hard at times.