For all you Mizzy fans II

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The MP69 is one of the best looking things I've ever seen.

Not a fan ATM!!

The 68's were all that and the 69's don't have a patch on them. Hit them the other day and wasn't impressed either. Feel a bit depressed about it!

The flying bird has been moved to the back and the mizuno stamp is too close to the egde of the muscle. Not overly convinced of the 4D muscle design either yet.

Still got a fitting session booked to see if the right shafts might make them feel as good as my 68's. If not I might have to (dare I say it) jump ship for a few years till they make amends.

63's still look good though but not sure I could have something with a big hole in the back.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
The MP69 is one of the best looking things I've ever seen.

Not a fan ATM!!

The 68's were all that and the 69's don't have a patch on them. Hit them the other day and wasn't impressed either. Feel a bit depressed about it!

The flying bird has been moved to the back and the mizuno stamp is too close to the egde of the muscle. Not overly convinced of the 4D muscle design either yet.

Still got a fitting session booked to see if the right shafts might make them feel as good as my 68's. If not I might have to (dare I say it) jump ship for a few years till they make amends.

63's still look good though but not sure I could have something with a big hole in the back.

Oh, I agree the 68's look better for sure, but I do like the look of the 69's alot...But now you've pointed out that the flying bird position change, it does make them look a bit wrong. Should have left it on the sole TBH. :(

Be interesting to see how your fitting goes. Would be a travesty if you had to jump ship! :eek:

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh, I agree the 68's look better for sure, but I do like the look of the 69's alot...But now you've pointed out that the flying bird position change, it does make them look a bit wrong. Should have left it on the sole TBH. :(

Be interesting to see how your fitting goes. Would be a travesty if you had to jump ship! :eek:

I would feel pretty dirty doing it. I'm still holding out hope for the fitting early next month so will let you know the good/bad news!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If you're really sad, go to Mizzy's website and you can get a 3-D image of the new clubs.

Have to say, apart from the 53's, 63's and MP Fli-Hi, all the new Mizuno irons and wedges don't float my boat at all.
The 59's look odd, the 69's almost as odd and the R12 wedge has an extra bit tacked onto the top - looks very odd!

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you're really sad, go to Mizzy's website and you can get a 3-D image of the new clubs.

Can't think of anyone who would be that sad....oh wait on maybe just maybe someone on this forum could be a big old Mizzy fan (or 2 of em) . Nah forget it I must be wrong. :D :D

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I would feel pretty dirty doing it. I'm still holding out hope for the fitting early next month so will let you know the good/bad news!

well, how did it go?

Are you sure that a real blade is right for you considering your handicap?

SG86

Medal Winner
Visit site
I think I am in lurrrve.

I think mizzy have the best looking clubs full stop when it comes to irons. 6 more months with my ZB's and I think an upgrade will be on the cards.

Call it a single figure treat to myself.

SG

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
well, how did it go?

Are you sure that a real blade is right for you considering your handicap?

It actually went really well. The 69's with the right shaft were really solid.

The difference between my 68's and 69's was minimal to say the least but the stats were interesting.

The Shaft DNA machine had me very similar to Luuuuke Donald. With the TTDG X100 being top of the list. The fitter did end up putting me on the Project X 6.0 but the flight on the trackman was to high and as I play a lot of golf in the wind I'll be sticking to the X100's. The project X's were very easy to swing though.

I did have a bit of a wierd one, the DNA machine had my club head speed at 92mph and the trackman was 98mph everytime. My friends came up the same on both. anyone else had this happen at the fitting??

Overall though the 69's were really good. They have changed the lofts 1 deg stronger from 6 - PW since the 68's but mine were originally fit 1 deg strong anyhow. Will probably be getting some early next year.

P.S. see above post for H/C info! It is slightly confusing but I enjoy my golf and just think that off 14 I'd enjoy it alot more!!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Swinger;438111 P.S. see above post for H/C info! It is slightly confusing but I enjoy my golf and just think that off 14 I'd enjoy it alot more!![/QUOTE said:
Rubbish, you are just an awkward so and so who likes to leave traps.:D

Were the swing speeds measuring your half wedge shots ?

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You might want to look up the word 'easy' in dictionary Steve.:p New Mizzies look good to me, but think my mp52's will out last me.:(

Normal is when you hold the club and you hands go white and there is a loss of feeling, easy is when only the knuckles go a bit pale and you can feel most of what is happening?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
P.S. see above post for H/C info! It is slightly confusing but I enjoy my golf and just think that off 14 I'd enjoy it alot more!!

Glad you liked them LD uses DG S300. Thats a relief on H/cap;)

The project x100's are the same weight as the S300's so their torque or kick point must be different, the DGs300 are low flight shafts as well, supposedly. Might try the X100's now as I like a penetrating ball......oooeerr missus!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I did have a bit of a wierd one, the DNA machine had my club head speed at 92mph and the trackman was 98mph everytime. My friends came up the same on both. anyone else had this happen at the fitting??
I'm averaging 89/90mph on 3 seperate visits to Mizuno, went to a small AG range and they had me avg 95mph, I think trackman machines can be quite temperamental if not calibrated frequently so I wouldnt bother about TM swing speeds, but dispersion, spin rate and attack angle are all good indicators on TM

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad you liked them LD uses DG S300. Thats a relief on H/cap;)

The project x100's are the same weight as the S300's so their torque or kick point must be different, the DGs300 are low flight shafts as well, supposedly. Might try the X100's now as I like a penetrating ball......oooeerr missus!

They are the same weight but don't feel it! the steps begin lower down in the X100's so I assume there is a extra weight in the tip end which must make the kick point different.
I used to have S300's in my MP37's but found they ballooned a bit and were useless into a strong wind. The X100's really can keep the ball moving forward in the wind. I've found them great.

The project X 6.0 I have tried before and seem to have a weaker ball flight than the S300's. Great for perfect weather but I have played about 3 days this year that I would be happy with that shaft on the course.