The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

RichA

Visit site
Your right he’s hardly been in the game today but he is as good as everyone makes out you only have to look at his goal scoring record, you’re on a wind up or don’t know much about football
His penalty winning record is more impressive. Spends half his life lying on the grass looking pleadingly at the ref.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Trust me, watching that am worrying.

That aside, Phillips for MoM for me. Thought stones and Mings looked well together.

But no Luke Shaw ?

agree Philips was excellent, Mount was too. One of Mings best England games for me, do worry the accident isnt far away still though! really dont like the full back choices

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I watch because, with wealth of talent at Southgate’s disposal, we should be strolling this and providing the watching public with some entertainment into the bargain. But I’m afraid Southgate just doesn’t seem to make the best of what he has available to him.

I agree we’re not hanging on for grim death, but this has been largely uninspiring stuff against a Croatia side largely past its sell by date.

We strolled through that game. At no point was there any danger.
It's 30* in the stadium. Why waste energy just to 'entertain'.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
agree Philips was excellent, Mount was too. One of Mings best England games for me, do worry the accident isnt far away still though! really dont like the full back choices
The three you mention were Englands better performers. I agree with Billy boots. Southgate has a wealth of energetic talent that is not being utilised.
Gary Linekar, “let’s speak to our goal scoring hero” ?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
We strolled through that game. At no point was there any danger.
It's 30* in the stadium. Why waste energy just to 'entertain'.

We could, and should, have put down a marker for the rest of the tournament. I just feel against quality opposition we will come up some way short.

If I was France, Portugal or Germany, one of whom will be next for us if we get out of the group by winning it, I’m not going to be having sleepless nights.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Loving the experts on this forum. ?

We were good today against a solid Croatia side who offered pretty much nothing. Modric was an also-ran today.

Keep positive and realistic ?

We watched a different modric :) more passes than anyone, more key passes than anyone, barely gave the ball away all game, all in a side who were clearly second best

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Loving the experts on this forum. ?

We were good today against a solid Croatia side who offered pretty much nothing. Modric was an also-ran today.

Keep positive and realistic ?

I've not seen another team in this tournament control a game like England just did.

Yes there are other teams to play. But that was a masterclass in managing a game and saving energy. We made the World Cup finalists and some of the best players in Europe look bang average.