Would you blow the transfer budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
There's been plenty of world beating players signed for big money who then flop.

Give me the 3 over the 1 at villa any day...

If I was a City fan though - 1 would be fine!

Grizzly

Visit site
I'm not certain its as simple as 3 vs 1. The sums of money being talked in football now are insane. Bellingham has a decent chance of hitting 150'000'000 when all of the extras are included - and I would be amazed in all honesty if Liverpool could get three of their other targets for that money - Mac Allister and Mount are coming from direct rivals who are going to want to wring every penny out of the deals, and whilst Bayern probably would let Gravenburch go, its optimistic to think they will sell for what they paid for him when more likely they will want to make a decent profit.

D

Deleted member 15344

There's been plenty of world beating players signed for big money who then flop.

Give me the 3 over the 1 at villa any day...

If I was a City fan though - 1 would be fine!

Below is a perfect example of big fee players

How many other teams would have paid the fee the teams did

Coutinho
Felix
Kepa
Maguire
Sancho
Mudryk
Fofana
Sterling
Cucarella
Lukaku
Antony
Martinez

We as a team have spent a lot less of plenty of players that have turned out to be stars

Christ we spent £8mil on Robertson
£35mil on Mane and Gini
£40mil on Salah

Those are the sort of signings that we will be looking at after it’s decided that we need more than one player

Even Bellingham clubs were prob looking at around £80mil until the world club and then players like Fernandez going for £100plus mil.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Below is a perfect example of big fee players

How many other teams would have paid the fee the teams did

Coutinho
Felix
Kepa
Maguire
Sancho
Mudryk
Fofana
Sterling
Cucarella
Lukaku
Antony
Martinez

We as a team have spent a lot less of plenty of players that have turned out to be stars

Christ we spent £8mil on Robertson
£35mil on Mane and Gini
£40mil on Salah

Those are the sort of signings that we will be looking at after it’s decided that we need more than one player

Even Bellingham clubs were prob looking at around £80mil until the world club and then players like Fernandez going for £100plus mil.

I feel like you're agreeing with me Phil?

For the vast majority of sides the 3 will be better than the one. No doubt about it.

City can add that 1 piece for 100+ because they literally have filthy depth already and it probably costs them that to improve :ROFLMAO:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
it is an interesting question and the alarming fact is that there are probably no more than half a dozen teams that can afford the very top players. It is interesting that historically top sides are even having to say that it is just too much. I would be looking at 2-3 players instead but then again, the £50million players now are the £20 million players of 2 years ago with transfer inflation and now £50 million is no guarantee of quality.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Would also look at Rice , he has a year left on his contract so could be brought in for a decent price - £60-70mil
And therein lies the problem. When £60-£70 Million is considered a "decent price" then it shows the madness of money that is flying around in football at the moment. (Not aimed at you Phil, it's a global issue).

D

Deleted member 15344

And therein lies the problem. When £60-£70 Million is considered a "decent price" then it shows the madness of money that is flying around in football at the moment. (Not aimed at you Phil, it's a global issue).

Oh I agree - it’s madness , some of the prices for players is beyond stupid but then some clubs don’t have a problem paying whatever it takes and that inflated the market - some of the prices some pay it’s ridiculous

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly the genie is well and truely out of the bottle.

In an ideal world, I would love to see the end of the transfer market (aside from the sporting and financial element, something is just wrong about being able to still trade people as commodities). I would love to see clubs stuck with the players they sign for the full duration of the contract. I would also like to see the same apply to managers or, as an interim, at least only allow manager changes in teh transfer windows. That said, if you ended transfer fees, wages would skyrocket.

Sadly too many sports have become about who has the fattest wallet and ceased becoming sporting competitions at the hghest levels and that is sad. Problems at clubs are no longer about player effort and skill or manager performance, it is the board not spendng enough. Not winning, spend money, relegation looming, spend money, new manager wants to play only one style, buy the players to let him do that rather than coach what he has. It is all a bit mad.

Newtonuti

Visit site
Sadly the genie is well and truely out of the bottle.

In an ideal world, I would love to see the end of the transfer market (aside from the sporting and financial element, something is just wrong about being able to still trade people as commodities). I would love to see clubs stuck with the players they sign for the full duration of the contract. I would also like to see the same apply to managers or, as an interim, at least only allow manager changes in teh transfer windows. That said, if you ended transfer fees, wages would skyrocket.

Sadly too many sports have become about who has the fattest wallet and ceased becoming sporting competitions at the hghest levels and that is sad. Problems at clubs are no longer about player effort and skill or manager performance, it is the board not spendng enough. Not winning, spend money, relegation looming, spend money, new manager wants to play only one style, buy the players to let him do that rather than coach what he has. It is all a bit mad.
Money is one of the reasons I have very limited interest in premier league football. It's just whoever has the biggest wallet. Lower league football is proper football. Fans following teams to some random town in the rear end of nowhere, players playing for the same wages me and you earn, and so have to give it all every game, no spoilt brats on the field. The game's gone completely to pot.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Money is one of the reasons I have very limited interest in premier league football. It's just whoever has the biggest wallet. Lower league football is proper football. Fans following teams to some random town in the rear end of nowhere, players playing for the same wages me and you earn, and so have to give it all every game, no spoilt brats on the field. The game's gone completely to pot.
How low down the ladder do you believe you have to go for this? What do you think the Wrexham players are getting paid for example. Mutterings of at least 3 players on more than 3k a week. Some reports have it higher. Money is crackers in football, either at the top or those desperate to get to the top.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I was pulling the purse strings my ideal trio would like to be Rice, Caicedo and Gravenbach. Probably cost around 160M to get those 3. But your getting a 20, 21 and 24 year old, 2 of them proven premier league players and the other a talented player that hasn't risen to the challenge at Munich. Offer Milly a place on the coaching staff and sell Fabhino. That would leave you with the 1st team midfield looking like this next season:

Henderson - 33
Thiago - 32
Rice - 24
Jones - 22
Caicedo - 21
Gravenbach - 21
Elliott - 20
Bajcetic - 18

6 players with plenty of years ahead of them and then a couple of old heads for the young players to learn from.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im sure I answered this already 😂

Bellingham is the real deal , he is only 19 but already you can see the quality there when he comes up against the top teams in CL

But £150mil is a lot for him and it’s part of the ridiculous prices that’s seen Chelsea go mad in the market

At this stage if we just needed one Mid then no issues bringing in Bellingham but we need minimum of two so

For the £150mil we will hopefully bring in players like MacAllister and maybe Mount ( need a HG player ) plus add in a Gravenburch would improve the middle of the park significantly

Would also look at Rice , he has a year left on his contract so could be brought in for a decent price - £60-70mil
Rice will cost 80

2 years left we have a year option

Swango1980

Visit site
Not read the comments, so not exactly sure what has been said regarding Bellingham. However, I would not be surprised if Bellingham's camp have informed Liverpool that he does not want to go there. After all, there are bigger clubs out there, that are playing better football and can probably give him a lot more money. And, those clubs have told him they will put in an offer, so he is happy to dismiss the clubs he does not want to go to. But, to help Liverpool gain some credibility in the saga, they've all agreed that Liverpool can simply come out and say they will not put in a bid, as if it was their decision.

Otherwise, I'm shocked that Liverpool have only just become aware that Bellingham might be on the expensive side.

Grizzly

Visit site
City can add that 1 piece for 100+ because they literally have filthy depth already and it probably costs them that to improve :ROFLMAO:

I'm not certain that there is anyone who massively improves City's First XI to be honest - maybe if a young Van Dijk was available, or perhaps a wide right who scored more often, but we're basically talking fantasy players - and they have a really good academy that would bring through players to last them years. The big money signings are more or less a massive power play, loudly advertising who has got the biggest *deleted* tot he rest of the league.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
This thread has morphed into another version of the main footy thread, with general footy stuff being discussed

As such it is now closed, please continue any discussions in the main footy thread

Ta muchly 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.