Would you blow the transfer budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I put this question out there to the footie fans.............

If your club was desperately in need of 3 1st team midfielders, would you go blow all the money to get Bellingham and then get 2 bang average mediocre midfielders, or go spend the money to get say Mac Allister, Caicedo and Mount for example.

Obviously, this is a Liverpool fan asking as a week ago the talk was that they were in pole position to get Bellingham, to now turn round and say he is too expensive when you are needing to buy multiple players to rebuild the 1st team. Just wondering what fans of other clubs make of it.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would spend the money on getting 2/3 quality CM’s and then get Bellingham next season after he has another season at Dortmund 😁

I actually watched an interesting couple of angles on YOUTUBE on that idea........

If Bellingham has his mindset on Liverpool being his ideal next club, then he could refuse to move and just stay another year. That would put him in the last 12 months of his contract and make him cheaper in the summer 2024 market, as Dortmund can't afford to let players like that leave for free.

Or the other thing was, can Dortmund afford to start over pricing these young players, restricting them from moving to the team that they want. If they start doing that then any promising young players might think twice about joining them as they will not get to move onto a club of their choice, rather than the only one that can afford what Dortmund is asking,

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd take the latter option. What if Bellingham doesn't fit in or form drops off a cliff, a la Sancho? What if he gets injured for the season?

Those three, for example, could transform a midfield more than one player imo and you are spreading the risk as well.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
No. Bellingham plays in a league in which he looks outstanding, just as Jadon Sancho did. Is he pulling up stumps for Utd? I’d splash the cash on 3 proven Prem midfielders before I’d look at Bellingham.

D

Deleted member 15344

Im sure I answered this already 😂

Bellingham is the real deal , he is only 19 but already you can see the quality there when he comes up against the top teams in CL

But £150mil is a lot for him and it’s part of the ridiculous prices that’s seen Chelsea go mad in the market

At this stage if we just needed one Mid then no issues bringing in Bellingham but we need minimum of two so

For the £150mil we will hopefully bring in players like MacAllister and maybe Mount ( need a HG player ) plus add in a Gravenburch would improve the middle of the park significantly

Would also look at Rice , he has a year left on his contract so could be brought in for a decent price - £60-70mil

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Personally I'd be looking at rice/Maddison/mount/Macalister/Paulina ....rather than mega money on Bellingham.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Regarding Liverpool’s midfield (or other top clubs for that) with Southampton shoe ins to go down, I dont hear many mention Ward-Prowse. He gets a lot accolades for his free kicks - but he offers a lot more than that. Unbelievably, despite being around for years, he’s still only 28.

D

Deleted member 15344

Personally I'd be looking at rice/Maddison/mount/Macalister/Paulina ....rather than mega money on Bellingham.

Maddison just doesn’t seem to be fit enough - we have one balsa wood player leaving in Keita not sure we need to replace him that well

It’s a shame Palhinha is prob too old to look at with him being 28 soon

Mac Alister and Mount I think are the favourites to come in with Gravenburch being the third

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd split the budget on 3 good players

However I disagree on the comparison with Sancho

Bellingham has already played some football over here plus he has produced for England In a major tournament

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
From a City point of view Bellingham, I suspect that Utd could Well use Bellingham as well. But from LIverpools point of view, deffo not. It has to be numbers.

rystaman

Visit site
I knew this would be the case last year but we were absolutely dragged along the whole year for Bellingham and knew the price Dortmund wanted. But oh no we don't have any money because we haven't signed a midfielder in 5 years and realise we now need 2 or 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.