The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
Right and kicking someone in the ribs while they’re on the floor is a red card imho.
Macallister does kick out and maybe should have gone with him.
Just more weak reffing from VAR who did have a look at it.
Behave yourself, it was handbags, nothing more! No force from either player, just petulance! You really want the game sanitised.🙄

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Brighton lost ☹️
As well as City played you caused your own problems there.
Some times playing out from the back isn’t such a good idea.

Gross turning his back on a shot at goal is my pet hate from defenders.

But Brighton did make chances and against the best team in the league you just can’t miss them!

Ref just giving another poor penalty decision to the big club is pretty poor but not surprising atm.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Behave yourself, it was handbags, nothing more! No force from either player, just petulance! You really want the game sanitised.🙄
He must carry his handbag on his laces then it was probably the clasp that hurt Macallister ribs.

Pushing and shoving is handbags. Kicking someone lying on his back is a different thing imo.
But your entitled to yours.😳

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Brighton lost ☹️
How do you view your season? It promised a lot early on but you have petered out. It's still very, very decent but do you have a slight sense of disappointment? (this says how far Brighton have come of course)

Will Brighton ever sign a decent striker? Surely you have enough in the coffers now to get someone who knows where the goal is?

PaulMdj

Visit site
He must carry his handbag on his laces then it was probably the clasp that hurt Macallister ribs.

Pushing and shoving is handbags. Kicking someone lying on his back is a different thing imo.
But your entitled to yours.😳
Why keep going back to the tap in his ribs? If MacAllister, who’d been given the foul, hadn’t lashed out at the wrong player and got back to his feet then Doucoure wouldn’t of responded!

ie: the actions of your player led to the repercussion.

2 Red cards would of been pathetic, but you only want 1.😵‍💫

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just watched a Slot interview on Dutch TV shown on Sky. He seems such an honest guy, answered all questions and to the point. No waffle.

Maybe a more challenging time with UK media

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watched a Slot interview on Dutch TV shown on Sky. He seems such an honest guy, answered all questions and to the point. No waffle.

Maybe a more challenging time with UK media
Very Dutch. Van Gaal is the same, as are Dutch people I have dealt with through work. Sometimes it can come across as rude but when you get used to it you realise they are just straight with you, no excess words required 😄 .

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
looking forward to them visiting the city ground on Sunday 🥴

If there was an ounce of justice/comedy in the world, City will have 90%+ posession and spend 95 minutes battering our goal yet somehow not find a way to score.

Then, as the whistles are ringing out around the ground, Forest will score a lucky, breakaway, completely undeserved winner which includes a foul by one Forest player and a handball by another during the buildup, neither of which get properly looked at by VAR! :ROFLMAO:

Not holding my breath for that, we're gonna get battered. But I can dream!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Adding Cardiff or firmly confirming Cardiff on the scummy club list

Legal action for that poor player who died because he would have kept them up

First they didn't want to pay for him

Now their suing for loss of prem status?

Pure play from the Sheffield United play book

If your not good enough to stay up you won't.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I can't understand why they're doing this. Such a bad look for them, plus I've no idea how you win that case. How can you prove how many goals he would have scored? He might have flopped. And they'll also have to prove the tragic plane crash was Nantes' fault somehow?? None of this makes sense to me - Cardiff ruining their reputation for nothing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't understand why they're doing this. Such a bad look for them, plus I've no idea how you win that case. How can you prove how many goals he would have scored? He might have flopped. And they'll also have to prove the tragic plane crash was Nantes' fault somehow?? None of this makes sense to me - Cardiff ruining their reputation for nothing.

If I was Nantes I'd work out his market value now and counter sue them for that amount

Scummy club

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Whilst I agree it doesn't look good, why has it taken you a year to pick up on the story? 🤔

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst I agree it doesn't look good, why has it taken you a year to pick up on the story? 🤔

Lol 🤣

To be fair the actual article I saw was this one dated this week

When I did a Google search to link it the article from last year came up

Didn't notice the date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why keep going back to the tap in his ribs? If MacAllister, who’d been given the foul, hadn’t lashed out at the wrong player and got back to his feet then Doucoure wouldn’t of responded!

ie: the actions of your player led to the repercussion.

2 Red cards would have been pathetic, but you only want 1.😵‍💫
I just don’t like people kicking people on the floor!
What more can I say.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
How do you view your season? It promised a lot early on but you have petered out. It's still very, very decent but do you have a slight sense of disappointment? (this says how far Brighton have come of course)

Will Brighton ever sign a decent striker? Surely you have enough in the coffers now to get someone who knows where the goal is?
I've never been totally happy with RDZ far too many hidings by average sides last season and this.
All the talk of him being the Messiah is not in my thoughts about him . Graham Potter laid the foundations of the way Brighton play and RDZ jumped on the band wagon.
I hope he buggers off and we get Potter back .
We have lost a lot of influential players for long periods this season which has derailed our season big time ,losing Solly March all season and Mitoma for long periods hasn't helped ,also Estupinan has been out with long term injuries and with others getting injured and out for long periods it's been a hard season,but we aren't going down and we will hopefully have a full season of our top players not getting kicked to oblivion next year .

RDZ out as far as I'm concerned

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never been totally happy with RDZ far too many hidings by average sides last season and this.
All the talk of him being the Messiah is not in my thoughts about him . Graham Potter laid the foundations of the way Brighton play and RDZ jumped on the band wagon.
I hope he buggers off and we get Potter back .
Brighton seem to be quite similar to Spurs, in that we can each spank a team or get spanked, and you don't know which one it'll be. The price you pay for attacking football I guess.