Football logo polo shirts

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Pop into the real world.
Most other sports do not have a thug element and inter - team animosity anywhere near the one present in football

So why isn’t all football team items banned then - you really think a golfer is going to go mad at another fellow golfer because they are wearing a team shirt !? The “thug” element of the sport don’t play golf - they are too busy being thugs !.

You are so far off the mark.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Any t-shirt with football club logos shouldn't be allowed regardless if they have a collar or not. Not a fan of any football gear headcovers included on a golf course, it's a bit like turning up to play 5 aside football in Jean's, it's just wrong. Theres nothing that's tackier than football tops or denim on a golf course

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
so why ban polo shirts and not bags, headcovers, markers etc? dont think ive ever seen a club ban the latter

It's not my rule but I'll bet there's a club or two that would tell a member that their celtic bag is not appropriate round Govan way

D

Deleted member 16999

Any t-shirt with football club logos shouldn't be allowed regardless if they have a collar or not. Not a fan of any football gear headcovers included on a golf course, it's a bit like turning up to play 5 aside football in Jean's, it's just wrong. Theres nothing that's tackier than football tops or denim on a golf course
😂😂 I take it any Polo with a badge is tacky then. Massive leap to denim.:rolleyes:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
So why isn’t all football team items banned then - you really think a golfer is going to go mad at another fellow golfer because they are wearing a team shirt !? The “thug” element of the sport don’t play golf - they are too busy being thugs !.

You are so far off the mark.

I'm sure the members at your club are all spiffing gents and this rule is not required
It's a big country

Why do you think nightclubs ban football tops?

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm sure the members at your club are all spiffing gents and this rule is not required
It's a big country

Why do you think nightclubs ban football tops?

Because they don’t look smart ? Pubs don’t ban football shirts - but then neither of them are golf clubs are they.

We as a club and I suspect 99% of the clubs especially members clubs don’t allow football tops because you’re playing golf and they don’t look smart when worn. Nothing to do with any “thug” behaviour.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Because they don’t look smart ? Pubs don’t ban football shirts - but then neither of them are golf clubs are they.

We as a club and I suspect 99% of the clubs especially members clubs don’t allow football tops because you’re playing golf and they don’t look smart when worn. Nothing to do with any “thug” behaviour.

So at your club the rule is there for appearance sake
Can you not open your mind one tiny smidge that some clubs will have the ban because of the potential for bother

D

Deleted member 15344

So at your club the rule is there for appearance sake
Can you not open your mind one tiny smidge that some clubs will have the ban because of the potential for bother

Then you would have to explain why they don’t ban “all” football items to ensure someone doesn’t get a “slap” just for supporting a team. I play golf with - City , UTD , Arsenal , Chelsea etc fans - people know who you support because you talk to each - I suspect that will happen at every golf club - so why are people not getting slapped more often because of who they support ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Calling all Spurs fans.........
If you were in the clubhouse bar and a guy walked in wearing an Arsenal shirt, how would you feel?

I know very little about football but I have heard there are some heated debates in the football threads and I wonder if that might also happen in a clubhouse bar after a few beers

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Then you would have to explain why they don’t ban “all” football items to ensure someone doesn’t get a “slap” just for supporting a team. I play golf with - City , UTD , Arsenal , Chelsea etc fans - people know who you support because you talk to each - I suspect that will happen at every golf club - so why are people not getting slapped more often because of who they support ?

What!
There's very few instances because some clubs have a ban!

Jeez🤣

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
PGA members get paid by non-golf sponsors to display logos on hats shirts etc. Look at Fowler he wears some weird stuff that I personally would not dream of wearing. There are Jeans style trousers and shirts without collars - I can't see how its logical to 'ban' clothes worn by the top guys.

Last time I looked it was 2019 not 1819!

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Calling all Spurs fans.........
If you were in the clubhouse bar and a guy walked in wearing an Arsenal shirt, how would you feel?

I know very little about football but I have heard there are some heated debates in the football threads and I wonder if that might also happen in a clubhouse bar after a few beers

one of the guys I used to play regularly with would often wear a spurs polo (im an arsenal fan), and would often see headcovers and other memorabilia for various football clubs (including liverpool in leafy bedfordshire ;) ) in bags, not once did it cross my mind to suddenly behave as though I was a football hooligan rather than a golfer at the golf club, beer or no beer lol

D

Deleted member 16999

one of the guys I used to play regularly with would often wear a spurs polo (im an arsenal fan), and would often see headcovers and other memorabilia for various football clubs (including liverpool in leafy bedfordshire ;) ) in bags, not once did it cross my mind to suddenly behave as though I was a football hooligan rather than a golfer at the golf club, beer or no beer lol
Same here mate, I play with a mate who puts 5 (now 6) Red dots on his ball, might have to report him to the Club.;)

D

Deleted member 15344

What!
There's very few instances because some clubs have a ban!

Jeez🤣

So you believe it’s just the wearing of the shirt that suddenly would “infuriate” someone enough to go and start slapping them ?!! This isn’t a beer fuelled football match where people look for fights.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
So you believe it’s just the wearing of the shirt that suddenly would “infuriate” someone enough to go and start slapping them ?!! This isn’t a beer fuelled football match where people look for fights.

Look Phil your posting MO is well known across the forum
Whether it's deliberate or just close minded in this case I don't much care

You will not or cannot accept any other reality or even the possibility of other variables outside your bubble

Communicating with you is rather pointless when you behave like this