Football logo polo shirts

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Jeez if I wasn't allowed to wear sports logo'd polo shirts, most of my wardrobe would have to go. I have tons of Tampa Bay Bucs, Rays and Lightning shirts that get worn all year round. But even I would draw the line at wearing my Vasilevskiy 88 Lightning shirt on the golf course.

craigstardis1976

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a polo shirt with the well known logo of the MLB team I follow. Have played at private high-end courses here in the US and it has never been an issue at any private club I have played at. Cannot see why wearing it would be an issue in the UK. It is the same as any other golf shirt just with a stylized "C", about an inch high on the left side of the chest. Will often get comments about the team, which is cool, as to how they are doing, etc.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In essence i have to say yes. Get it worn. City were sponsored by Nike and have released some fantastic bespoke Nike golf clothing with a City badge on it. What does me about this shirt in particular is it looks like a third party company has produces that shirt to make a few quid for themselves and not LFC. For that reason alone ( if ever i went to the dark side). I would not buy it. But official merchandise. Yup i do

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very unlikely as I am sure the club would deem it a football shirt https://www.royalascotgolfclub.co.uk/visitors/dress-code/

I am sure we have had issues with this sort of thing before, in terms of football polo shorts but also cricket type shirts

It clearly isn’t a football shirt though.

I can’t see anything in your dress code that this would breach.

How’s it any different to wearing a shirt with a golf club emblem on it? I have a St. Andrews one, it doesn’t really look any different, just a different t emblem.

If it had a sponsors logo across the front I could see the issue, as it is, I cannot.

Wolf

Visit site
Other than the fact its a Liverpool polo top I can't see any issue as to why that shouldn't be allowed at any club in the land.

Simply put its a shirt that just happens to have a football club crest on it, how is that any different to a shirt bearing a golf club badge on it. Any club that refuses that or any golfer that believes it contravenes some sort of dress regulations needs to get there arses out of the Victorian era and stop being so snobbish about the sport of golf.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Other than the fact its a Liverpool polo top I can't see any issue as to why that shouldn't be allowed at any club in the land.

Simply put its a shirt that just happens to have a football club crest on it, how is that any different to a shirt bearing a golf club badge on it. Any club that refuses that or any golfer that believes it contravenes some sort of dress regulations needs to get there arses out of the Victorian era and stop being so snobbish about the sport of golf.
There lies the answer.
Some clubs are still snobbish .

Wolf

Visit site
There lies the answer.
Some clubs are still snobbish .
Agreed entirely... Golf and some not all golfers and clubs need to move forward. Anyone that syas this polo shirt isn't suitable has a severe complex about where the game stands. It's not offensive, no different to the club polo's sold around the land in pro shops with their own golf club crest on it. If I saw someone wearing it I wouldn't bat an eyelid, unless they're a Spurs fan then I'd mock them 😂

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
It's clearly NOT a football shirt. It is simply a polo shirt with a couple of logos on. Some tour pros have more garish logos than these. The fact that we even need to discuss it tells you everything about the problem with the game and those still stuck in 1800. No wonder kids are put off.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'm going to go against the grain here
If, I repeat if your club doesn't permit football tops, it doesn't matter if its an official strip, polo, singlet, muscle or any other variation. This top would /should be banned

It's a top/shirt with a club logo on it, whether it's Liverpool or Leighton orient

The obvious reason some clubs ban football tops is that it can antagonise others (with low brain cell count) and might lead to ill feeling or worse between numpties of similar mentally
Lots of football fans play golf
That bloke who might have been good company might give another player a slap just because of the team he supports. That is the unfortunate behaviour by a minority and clubs will guard against the possibility by banning football tops

That's any top with football team on it

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If, I repeat if your club doesn't permit football tops, it doesn't matter if its an official strip, polo, singlet, muscle or any other variation. This top would /should be banned

It's a top/shirt with a club logo on it, whether it's Liverpool or Leighton orient

The obvious reason some clubs ban football tops is that it can antagonise others (with low brain cell count) and might lead to ill feeling or worse between numpties of similar mentally
That bloke who might have been good company might give another player a slap just because of the team he supports. That is the unfortunate behaviour by a minority and clubs will guard against the possibility by banning football tops

same question Homie has ignored, do they ban the team based headcovers, or bags with team emblem on etc or just a polo shirt?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
same question Homie has ignored, do they ban the team based headcovers, or bags with team emblem on etc or just a polo shirt?

Look at the particular club website or charter /club rules for the answer

The smaller the item (tattoo) the harder it is to ban or even be seen

A shirt is quite noticeable compared to a ball marker

D

Deleted member 15344

I suspect that’s nothing to do with the reason - why would clubs then not allow rugby tops , cricket tops , or indeed most over sports top -

It’s got nothing to do with “behaviour”

Many golfers have - football ball markers , head covers , even bags

Football tops are banned because they are not golf tops same with any other sport tops.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I suspect that’s nothing to do with the reason - why would clubs then not allow rugby tops , cricket tops , or indeed most over sports top -

It’s got nothing to do with “behaviour”

Many golfers have - football ball markers , head covers , even bags

Football tops are banned because they are not golf tops same with any other sport tops.

Pop into the real world.
Most other sports do not have a thug element and inter - team animosity anywhere near the one present in football