Football - End of season report for your team

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
With the league season over I though it was about the right time for the annual 'End of Season Review' for your club, how you see it as a supporter.

Everton - A 7 out of 10 season. A good start, an awful middle, a strong end. The important thing is that we have progressed and are enjoyable to watch again.

The good news is we ended well so go into the summer with hope. The team now have a style of play that works and is easy on the eye. The players understand and can play to the managers plan and that plan works. The work needed in the summer is not major and both the manager and the director of football speak well and are on the same page.

For me it is hugely important that we sign Gomes, Zouma would be a bonus but not critical. The other key area is upfront. We currently have Calvert-Lewin, great hold up play, doesn't score enough goals, and Tosun who the manager clearly does not fancy. We need to bring a striker in who will score goals and turn those tight games in our favour. Other additions would be on the fringes rather than key signings so Gomes plus a striker would make me happy.

Player of the season? Lucas Digne, class act.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Wolves

9/10 - 7th place finish, 60 seconds away from the Cup Final :( not bad for a newly promoted side.

We had a run of 1 point from 18 available in the middle which could've derailed us and put us in a relegation battle but we rallied.

Low points - 0 points from 6 from the worst side in the Premier League for a long time
Highs- Cup Semi
Player of the year - Joao Moutinho.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
West Ham

7/10

Very poor start to MPs reign with 4 defeats on the bounce but managed to get some very important wins after that.
Disappointing in the cups (again)
two very ill - timed injurys cost us deeply.. nothing to do with wilshere as we knew he was a liability when we signed him so no complaints but October in the defeat to spurs we lost yarmelenko (sp) for the rest of the season and then in january we lost Balbuena for a good 6 weeks which really hindered us.. Diop has been brilliant but is young.. balbuena really helps him.

Carroll is out of contract in the summer so his wages finally go off the books (feel for him. cant be nice to be always injured)
we need a few well picked signings to help add to the players we brought in last summer

lets aim for top 8 next season.. we were that far off in end (2 points plus GD) so got to be the aim
personally id take top half and a decent cup run.. league cup is so underrated.. lets go for that!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
1/10 For the first half.

5/10 for the second. If we could hold onto a lead we would be a half decent team. Not sure anyone has dropped more points from a leading position in pl history. Encouraged that we apear to be trying to play the footy that got us promoted instead of the last few years rubbish. Massively concerned that our cheap board will use Shane Longs best ever scoring return in previous weeks as an excuse not to buy anyone.

U

User62651

Aberdeen - a game to go still but 6/10 overall. Less sucessful than the last few seasons given Rangers resurgence but decent if inconsistent. Struggling to secure 3rd and Europa league qualification, not that we'd get beyond September anyway. Made the League Cup final and lost again to a weaker Celtic 1-0.
Now losing our best player Shinnie to Derby County (on a free I think which seems crazy) and likely losing Mackay-Steven to England as well. McKenna going to be hard to keep hold of too.
McInnes is staying hopefully and has to rebuild again. Hopefully the scouts are unearthing some decent players and the youth setup also producing as we can't compete in the transfer market.
Looking ahead I can only see 3rd or 4th in league at best.
New stadium move underway at last.

Same old same old, expect not too much and enjoy the occasional upset against Old Firm.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Erm, 7.5/10 I guess? League campaign has been awful, really. Losing 13 games is shambolic, we've been gifted top four by Man Utd and Arsenal being even poorer than us, and the fact we managed to avoid drawing games and pick up a few wins. But at the same time we have reached a Champion's League final which is nothing short of incredible for us. If we somehow win it I guess I'd have to upgrade from a 7.5 to a 9. :LOL:

Best player: Son who carried the team single-handedly at times, closely followed by Sissoko who proved himself invaluable in the middle with his tireless work rate.

Worst players: Trippier was less than half the man we saw at the World Cup, dunno what happened to him. Foyth is a bloody car crash, decent touch but cannot pass or defend so I'm not sure who told him he was a centre back.

Priorities for the summer:
1. Replace Eriksen and Alderwierald who will almost certainly leave.
2. Replace Dembele which we never did when he left in Jan.
3. Sign a good right back.
4. Probably need a good attacker who's happy to rotate and cover the first team forwards, as Llorente is getting on a bit and never anything more than a short-term half-fix.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
No comment.
They'd all be kept back a year and have lots of detention.
I'd have Lindelof as head boy and Luke Shaw as a prefect.
Young, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Darmian, Matic and Lukaku would all be expelled.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm 10/10, ups and downs all season poor start but good since Xmas. Full marks for the most wins ever, good finishing position and beating City and Arsenal in the process. Looking over the season I'd take what has happened over the year

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The Mighty Middlesbrough. 4/10. Started very well. Defence, for 2/3's of the season was immense but then took an early holiday. The strikers never really looked anything more than average. Up to Christmas they had a half decent chance of automatic promotion but looked nailed on for the play-off's. With 8 weeks to go they lost every match in March. Finished strongly but the damage had been done.

That only tells part of the story. The style of football took a lot of stick, and was at times very negative. You can't score if you haven't got the ball, and even against some very poor opposition possession was poor. Absorbing pressure and hitting teams on the break isn't a bad tactic, if they are a better team, but letting lesser teams camp out in your own half is a little risky. Would the strikers have scored more goals with a more attacking style? Probably.

Although promotion has to be the goal, that team, without some major investment, would have been straight back down after what would have been an appalling season. Hugely disappointing.

No parachute payments for next season. Cloth cutting is already happening. Mid table next season.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Mighty Middlesbrough. 4/10. Started very well. Defence, for 2/3's of the season was immense but then took an early holiday. The strikers never really looked anything more than average. Up to Christmas they had a half decent chance of automatic promotion but looked nailed on for the play-off's. With 8 weeks to go they lost every match in March. Finished strongly but the damage had been done.

That only tells part of the story. The style of football took a lot of stick, and was at times very negative. You can't score if you haven't got the ball, and even against some very poor opposition possession was poor. Absorbing pressure and hitting teams on the break isn't a bad tactic, if they are a better team, but letting lesser teams camp out in your own half is a little risky. Would the strikers have scored more goals with a more attacking style? Probably.

Although promotion has to be the goal, that team, without some major investment, would have been straight back down after what would have been an appalling season. Hugely disappointing.

No parachute payments for next season. Cloth cutting is already happening. Mid table next season.
Can't argue with most of this. If truth be told we shouldn't have been in with a shout of the play offs. Results of other teams went our way a lot. This masked some of the issues.

You missed the big issue - Tony Pulis. He needs to go. The home games have been awful. Reminiscent of the season Venable last was brought in to help Robson. I hope he's not replaced by Woodgate/Downing. The team needs a steady hand with a good insight of the Championship. Worryingly, we need a huge investment just to compete. I don't think Gibson is willing or able to fund us to the required levels any more.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The Blades 10/10

Excellent, we are back in the Premier after an absence of 12 years.

The last 3 year have been fantastic - led by Chris Wilder, One Of Our Own!

Rich

Oddly enough, young Bradley Tash supports Coty and the Blades through his dads side. Ave told him next year he can get a 50/50 scarf when City play the Blades.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
1/10 up until January transfer window. 8/10 after that. Avoided relegation due to some great loan signings. Fans really got behind side and Gomez got the best out of all the players. Some very good youngsters coming through. Watch out for Andy Rinomhota and Danny Loader.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Arsenal aside...

My other club won its league undefeated... 110pts +91 goals... Gaining them promotion to the SPL (Spartan Premier League)... Great way for them to celebrate their 150th anniversary...

C'mon the Invincible Hares👍

D

Deleted Member 1156

1/10 For the first half.

5/10 for the second. If we could hold onto a lead we would be a half decent team. Not sure anyone has dropped more points from a leading position in pl history. Encouraged that we apear to be trying to play the footy that got us promoted instead of the last few years rubbish. Massively concerned that our cheap board will use Shane Longs best ever scoring return in previous weeks as an excuse not to buy anyone.
Yep pretty much spot on. Saints have some decent players but I feel another 3 or 4 quality signings are required in the summer. A 20 goal striker is a must and a bit more steel in defence. We should be a top half of the league team but have massively dropped off the pace in the last few years.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep pretty much spot on. Saints have some decent players but I feel another 3 or 4 quality signings are required in the summer. A 20 goal striker is a must and a bit more steel in defence. We should be a top half of the league team but have massively dropped off the pace in the last few years.
Danny Ings started well didn't he, did he then get injured as usual or did his form just drop off a cliff? I know he was only on loan but I can't see him getting much time back at Liverpool.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mostly utter poo, but a miracle happened and our best player left at the club got himself fit and made a massive difference and, despite Sol and his crazy team selection / tactics and players and staff not getting their wages paid, tiny MTFC stayed up (big crowd on last day) God alone knows if we will have a team next season. Sol's vanished in to the ether and staff have not been paid again (apparently) all sorts of rumors going round.
We will be red hot fav's for the drop next season.

And Premiership teams think they have problems? Don't make me bluddy laugh.