Research Project: Survey on quality of life and the impact of sleep during a golf season

DrAWilliams

Visit site
Hi All,

Our research group between Abertay University and York St John University have just launched a new study, see details below.

We are looking for golfers and caddies who reside in the UK to complete a questionnaire focusing on sleep quality, physical activity, and quality of life at 3 different time points of the UK golf season.

At the end of the study, participants will be entered into a random prize draw for the opportunity to win one of three £50 Amazon vouchers.

Click to access the questionnaire: https://abertay.co/ZDAz

Any help with distributing the questionnaire would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Recruitment Poster.jpg
    Recruitment Poster.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 16

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Roll on the dreams when for whatever reason you can't get a back swing. Or have to hit through a window 🤣. I've missed them over the winter
Damn, I've had exactly this. Teebox is inside a log cabin or a shed or something and you have to strike the ball through a 2 foot square window. Or every time you tee up the ball there's a bloody wall right behind you. :LOL:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My golf dream/nightmare is standing in the trees having a pee and a stray drive hits me and knocks me out. Had it a few times and not sure of the deeper meaning but really don't want to be knocked out with my tackle on view whilst urine is dribbling down my legs 😲🤯

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My golf dream/nightmare is standing in the trees having a pee and a stray drive hits me and knocks me out. Had it a few times and not sure of the deeper meaning but really don't want to be knocked out with my tackle on view whilst urine is dribbling down my legs 😲🤯
And then you wake up having wet the bed and your other half is punching you in the head?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Damn, I've had exactly this. Teebox is inside a log cabin or a shed or something and you have to strike the ball through a 2 foot square window. Or every time you tee up the ball there's a bloody wall right behind you. :LOL:

Real life

I went to a club where the practice mats were inside a 'shed' (one open side) I put a ball down and smacked it creating a hole the back wall of the shed. Then realised you had to turn round to face the nets.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I have this one...and no matter where you move the tee, the wall is still there

D

Deleted member 35504

Ditto with the impossible backswing dream.

How can so many separate people have exactly the same dream? Bizarre.

Albo

Visit site
I have this thing too! I’m usually in a building of some description, and have either a small high up window to get through or sliding doors that are partially open

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's probably not the response the OP Dr Williams was after but it's crazy how everyone has the same dreams.
Maybe it will give him an idea for a new study. The weird dreams of golfers.

It is not the golfing dreams I worry about it's the golfing nightmares.

DrAWilliams

Visit site
It's probably not the response the OP Dr Williams was after but it's crazy how everyone has the same dreams.
Maybe it will give him an idea for a new study. The weird dreams of golfers.
Not quite my area of expertise, but probably could link to positive visualisations/use of imagery by someone!

DrAWilliams

Visit site
Hi All,

First point of data collection closes this Sunday, so if you are interested in participating please do so before the 31st March. Thanks!