Flags Out????

Ridgeman

Visit site
Bunkers are supposed to be a hazard. I'd say we should play it as it lies, even without rakes.

Smooth the sand with your feet, job done.

Your lucky to have sand in your bunkers. Some of ours have something roughly the same colour as sand but acts more as cement when wet. The concept of smooth would require trowel rather than rake.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bunkers are supposed to be a hazard. I'd say we should play it as it lies, even without rakes.

Smooth the sand with your feet, job done.

Let's see if you still say that after landing in someone's poor attempt at smoothing the sand, take three to get out to lose out of a medal by a stroke. ?

RichA

Visit site
Our bunkers seem to be freshly sanded, but full of deep footprints that the ball always ends up in, making it more of a hazard than is probably intended. There's little evidence of anyone thinking of the next person to come along. A nightmare for a less skilled player like me.
Picking, raking with your personal plastic mini rake and dropping from shoulder height would seem like a sensible solution, but I suspect that would need a rule of some sort.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Let's see if you still say that after landing in someone's poor attempt at smoothing the sand, take three to get out to lose out of a medal by a stroke. ?
That happened even when we had rakes.

There is always the option to take an unplayable.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The rake attachments are quite neat so fine but I still struggle to see how they're a better solution than the existing bunker rakes staying in and people just putting hand sanitiser in their bag. Less plastic waste, more functionality of sanitising hands not only on raking but also after rounds for example. If people are responsible enough to buy, carry and rake a bunker then they should be responsible enough to quickly sanitise after touching objects. Would allow for ball washers and compressed air to be opened given benches are now I think.

Minor though, we're playing so that's great. Just thinking of refining things for next stage of easing.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It is a mystery to me why golfers in the UK are doing this. Just tell people "No, it is ridiculous. You have not thought this through and we are not going to be dictated to or have our freedoms limited by people with no evidence to back up their assertion." I live in the third worse hit state in the USA and there was never a golf ban, here. People went through a phase of not touching the flag but people pretty quickly realized there are far more likely ways to catch COVID then touching a metal pole in the middle of the countryside very briefly.
Do you not think there might be a correlation with the rate of infection and this type of attitude?

D

Deleted Member 1156

More plastic in the world, not a good solution. I have no issues with preferred lies in the bunker.
No problem with personal rakes, not like it's disposable plastic that people are throwing away.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would not be buying any kind of rake that sits in my bag. I can only envision a load of sand dropping it and into the bag and all over my grips. Forget that. Maybe if you could fix a rake head to the end of your umbrella. :D

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Picking, raking with your personal plastic mini rake and dropping from shoulder height would seem like a sensible solution, but I suspect that would need a rule of some sort.

Drop from shoulder height into some of our bunkers and you would lose the ball in 8 inch deep sand.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
What about before Covid and for people that don’t have a smart phone ?
We used the screen before Covid and probably will afterwards. They can submit them on their PC when they get home if they have one. Those who cannot do so can still submit a card but the club requests this to be avoided if possible. All scores are still marked on a card and then these are put into a box at the end of the round. How those cards are handled I am afraid I don't know. With gloves I would hope.