First On The Tee........

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
With courses currently immaculate, well they should be otherwise there will be heads rolling I'm sure, who will be given the opportunity to be first on the tee when the go ahead has been given?
Mr Captain? The committee? The first to get there? We will NEVER be given this opportunity again. The course will be unblemished. No divots, no pitch marks....OMG just what would you give to be first to play your course? Maybe a raffle? Sealed bids? Auction??

What do you think will happen at your place?

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
With courses currently immaculate, well they should be otherwise there will be heads rolling I'm sure, who will be given the opportunity to be first on the tee when the go ahead has been given?
Mr Captain? The committee? The first to get there? We will NEVER be given this opportunity again. The course will be unblemished. No divots, no pitch marks....OMG just what would you give to be first to play your course? Maybe a raffle? Sealed bids? Auction??

What do you think will happen at your place?

I think you have a very naive view of your greens keepers in that you think they will be keeping the course immaculate (they will be) and not playing a sneaky wee 9 holes every few days?

I'll be glad to get out there.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
They should not be immaculate as only "essential maintenance "is being carried out but we could be ready in 2-3 days now and as Greens Chairman I believe I'd be failing in my position if I hadn't ensured the course was ready for them by playing a practice 18 holes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Ours will probably just be the normal online scramble for tee times when the opening day is known. Guess one of the regular 'early morning' groups will get the first time.

As for the greenkeepers playing a sneaky 9, I know for a fact that isn't happening at my club as there are a lot of walkers using it all day every day right now.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There will be a mad rush on the first morning....as I'm likely to still be off work I shall probably stroll up early/mid afternoon and have the course to myself...might drag Fragger or CVG along..

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I love the fact people think courses will be immaculate after this. Manage your expectations.

Just be grateful that greenstaff have been able to do essential maintenance by cutting greens, tees and maybe fairways.

I’m expecting no difference from when we played in March

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I love the fact people think courses will be immaculate after this. Manage your expectations.

Just be grateful that greenstaff have been able to do essential maintenance by cutting greens, tees and maybe fairways.

I’m expecting no difference from when we played in March
Looking at some of the pictures posted on social media, many courses have been doing a touch more than the essential maintenance..

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fair enough...just people shouldn't expect their places to suddenly be Augusta and then moan at greenstaff as they had so many weeks of no golfers etc etc.

we‘ve had no rain for a couple of weeks, and the club has said there has been no fairway growth at all....so fully expect no difference whatsoever

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
We have two greenstaff out of five working on the course at the moment. That means they only have time to do the essential work as laid out in the guidance given.
There certainly shouldn't be any divots or pitch marks (until Day 1) but given the weather at the moment I think they'll have their hands full just keeping the grass under control.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have to smile at people expecting all the divot holes to have been repaired. Where I play the green staff do not do this normally as part of the weekly maintenance programme so why would they be doing it now?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
There will be a mad rush on the first morning....as I'm likely to still be off work I shall probably stroll up early/mid afternoon and have the course to myself...might drag Fragger or CVG along..

LOL!!!! The place will be rammed all day if the weather is good. We'll only be allowed out in 2 balls, I reckon.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking at some of the pictures posted on social media, many courses have been doing a touch more than the essential maintenance..

Certainly at my place it looks amazing. Fairways and greens. And the two I drive past whilst working are immaculate. Fairways and greens!!!!! If your place hasn't done this, well. I'd leave to be honest.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fair enough...just people shouldn't expect their places to suddenly be Augusta and then moan at greenstaff as they had so many weeks of no golfers etc etc.

we‘ve had no rain for a couple of weeks, and the club has said there has been no fairway growth at all....so fully expect no difference whatsoever

Rain? Who needs rain? There is enough moisture in the soil for a few weeks. No bother at all!!! You're being fed lies.