First On The Tee........

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'll be out the first day i'm able to get out. The pics we're getting really aren't helping. A new par 3 on the Shore is sorted now and due for use by June. I'm hoping to be out before then!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure how it would work at my current club. No tee booking for non comp rounds so that would likely have to change. Guessing there would have to be rules on how many tee times you can book, especially at weekends. Potential limit on the number of times you can play each week if there is more demand than there is tee times. As we have 3 loops of 9, I would even consider 9 holes only at weekends with 3 start points to allow as many people out as possible. Basically a whole new system may be needed depending on what guidelines are issued

D

Deleted member 15344

My place also completed a massive course improvement programme over the winter. Did half the course last winter and finished it this winter - completely changed the bunkering. So we were all looking forward to playing that for the first time, added anticipation now.
We have just finished putting in a sprinkler system for the fairways to stop them burning out during the summers - they just finishing the tank now so hopefully in 3 weeks we will have lovely fairways to play off

And yes it never stopped from the day we started it ??‍♂️

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We have just finished putting in a sprinkler system for the fairways to stop them burning out during the summers - they just finishing the tank now so hopefully in 3 weeks we will have lovely fairways to play off

And yes it never stopped from the day we started it ??‍♂️
So it was all your bloody fault then..!
:ROFLMAO:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
when we had the first phase of the course improvements last year the club did a draw for the times the first few days, funny enough all the committee and their mates won all the spots.... so no doubt they would do that again.... with the same results:LOL:

D

Deleted Member 1156

England Golf and BIGGA relaxed the rules and allowed clubs to complete winter projects as well as 'basic maintenance' so a lot of courses should look better. Our HK put out a trailer of sand/seed mix at various holes so we now have no fairway divots as members have filled them all in. He also sends out regular pictures, our place is looking good.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think, if they relax the rules and allow golf,

1. I think everyone will have to have a tee time booked to prevent large gatherings around the pro shop first tee. So if you have to booking system one will have to be put in place online or paper in the Pro shop
2. They will only allow 2 people out together.
3. No comps will be allowed.

Also, would it not be an idea for member clubs to restrict playing to members only? This would ensure tee times for members and also, maybe a surge in membership to carry them through financially?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rain? Who needs rain? There is enough moisture in the soil for a few weeks. No bother at all!!! You're being fed lies.

Where I live nearly needing a pick axe to break up the garden soil.

one quarter day of rain in about 6 weeks

Makes me smile to think that this was just 8 weeks ago.

IMG_20200229_170707_01.JPG

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I think the 2 ball thing is completely unnecessary.

If the guidance is 2meters. A 4 ball can safely do this within the confines of a hole.

They can do this but almost certainly they wouldn't.

When initial distancing rules were introduced we removed half the chairs from the club house and spread the remaining chairs so they were more than 6ft apart - all golfers did was to move the chairs so they could all huddle together on one table.

I think that any relaxation of the social distancing guidelines will be phased and will come with conditions. I'm not necessarily convinced that there will be mass hoards of folk ABLE to play on the first day of opening.

I suspect there will be some restrictions...play in two balls for example, wider spaced tee times that prevent such a rush. Clubs who don't have tee booking systems could be instructed to introduce one on a temporary basis to manage footfall and prevent a mass gathering of folk trying to get a game on day 1.

Unfortunately were going to have to work setting the guidelines for play around the "lowest common denominator" of golfer, if we are to remain as safe as we can be.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Spoken like someone who doesn’t know the weather in other parts of the country, or indeed the soil conditions :)

i’ll forgive the ignorance.

Apparently where I am we've had the lowest rainfall than ANYWHERE in the country over the last few weeks (4% of what is expected). And I know from on here EVERYWHERE has been washed away with rain during our monsoon season so...I'm basing my post on that. Don't be picky ,just comment on the idea of the thread. I'm fed up of all this picking and argueing on here.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Apparently where I am we've had the lowest rainfall than ANYWHERE in the country over the last few weeks (4% of what is expected). And I know from on here EVERYWHERE has been washed away with rain during our monsoon season so...I'm basing my post on that. Don't be picky ,just comment on the idea of the thread. I'm fed up of all this picking and argueing on here.

yet you’re the one who said we were being lied to as the course had had no real growth on the fairways ?.

my expectation is returning to a course which is, by and large, no different to how it was left after my last round on 21st March