Favourite/Least Favourite Golfers to Watch...

D

Deleted member 15344

Any European but mainly

Stenson
Rory
Westwood

Dislike

Woods
Watson
Johnson both Zack and Dustin
In fact most Anericans

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They've all got their merits and show differing ways to get the job done. Will draw the line at Na and Bradley though who both make my teeth itch... Will always stop what I'm doing to watch Rory give it a thump.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Like most, but in particular:

Rory
Stenson
Westwood
Leftie
Ernie
Garcia
Kaymer
Beef
Justin Rose
Bubba (simply amazing at times)

Don't like

Matt Kucher (Koooochhhhhhhhhhhh off with that stupid smile!)
Keegan Bradley
Na
Casey (has his moments when I can't watch him. I want him to win, but there is something about him that winds me up)

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Remembering that this is about watching;

I watch - Pretty much anyone who's on and enjoy doing so.

I don't watch - Jason Day as it takes soooo long.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Like... Miguel, Louis, Els, Phil, and lots of others.

Dislike... Anyone who behaves like a child and has the odd tantrum about nothing. e.g. Bubba, Tiger etc

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Like:
Justin Rose
Rory
Andy Sullivan

Dislike:
Speith
Jason Day (like him as a player, but he's so slow)
Mickleson

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've kind of lost interest in watching Golf since Woods lost it, watching him in his prime with a differing handful of other chasing was great to watch.

Nowadays Other than the Open The Masters & The RC I just find it all a bit boring.

Saying that..When I first started playing I'd happily watch and enjoy all 4 rounds of the Madeiran Open.

Last edited:

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Love watching matsuyama swing a golf club. Mesmeric . :eek:oo:

Yeah he's like a human metronome!!

My favourite golfers - DJ, Rickie, Mickleson (only round the greens!!), Adam Scott, Rory. I also like Keegan Bradley, I find his tiks hilarious, although I would want to kill him if I was playing a round with him!

Dont really have any least favourites

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Going against the grain here, I find Speith very entertaining to watch, love him.

Me too. I don't understand why people dislike the guy. He's a little slow, but not any slower than a load of other PGA Tour players, he seems like a down-to-earth great guy, been many examples where he'll be watching and applauding fellow players shots during the round, his short-game is as good as anyone on tour, has a hugely under-rated iron game and his putting is top 5 ever. I love watching him play.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Me too. I don't understand why people dislike the guy. He's a little slow, but not any slower than a load of other PGA Tour players, he seems like a down-to-earth great guy, been many examples where he'll be watching and applauding fellow players shots during the round, his short-game is as good as anyone on tour, has a hugely under-rated iron game and his putting is top 5 ever. I love watching him play.

Totally agree with this; I can't think of anyone more more exciting to watch on/around the greens, he's a genius. He is also like Rory in that he is refreshingly honest when interviewed - doesn't just trot out the standard lines. Fully applaud that.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Love Jordan too. like Mickelson, you quite often get to hear the thought process that goes into the shot before he commits to what he is doing. The whole back and forth thing with the caddy is compelling viewing for me. Much more interesting that A.N.Other golfer who the camera jumps to and he just executes yet another shot.

As soon as he makes contact he is yelling at it asking it to do what he wants. its just brilliant.