Golfers you take a shine to..and those you don't!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I like Fowler, Spieth, Rory, Bubba and DJ.

Not too many I dislike, although Monty grinds my gears!

I disliked Monty too until I spent 5 hours photographing him last year. He was at Slaley Hall as an ambassador for De Vere & he couldn't have done a better job. You could see he was genuinely interested in the people he met & spent lots of time talking to them when he didn't need to. I bought his autobiography to get signed. It contains one of the biggest understatements I have ever read. He says that, on the course, "I sometimes have difficulty hiding my feelings" I talked to his dad for a long time too. Marvellous man, he is 85 and left at 5.00pm to drive to St. Andrews for the Dunhill Cup.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There are few golfers I actively dislike, after all, I don't know any of them, but I struggle to cheer for the modern clones that inhabit the Tours these days. Many look the same, talk the same and play the same...
But there is one that does grind my gears more than most...

Bubba

And I've worked out why, courtesy of By the Minute Golf on Twitter...

It's the top button - always done up
No
Just No!

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are few golfers I actively dislike, after all, I don't know any of them, but I struggle to cheer for the modern clones that inhabit the Tours these days. Many look the same, talk the same and play the same...
But there is one that does grind my gears more than most...

Bubba

And I've worked out why, courtesy of By the Minute Golf on Twitter...

It's the top button - always done up
No
Just No!

You wouldn't like me then, as I often leave my top button done up as that's how I wear my shirts off the course 😢😢

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Im a big fan of David Howell, seems a true gent who's getting his game back to where it was. Really like MAJ and Monty and of the young guns Tommy Fleetwood and Eddie Pepperell seem to have something about them. Personally I don't like to watch Justin Rose to be honest. He's got all the money in the world and looks a complete "sackofs**t" on the course....awful dress sense. Don't like Poulter either , i think he really is the most overated golfer out there. Out of the Americans i just can't stand Justin Leonard , not just because of his Ryder Cup behaviour , I just can't stand him !!

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't like the majority of the American golfers - bar Kuchar and Mickleson

Not a fan of Casey and Bjorn

Like Stenson , Westwood and Donald

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This seems to be good therapy for a lot of people. I like golfers out there who are human, smile, enjoy themselves and appreciate the position they are in. Mickelson, Howell, Rock immediately spring to mind. The younger guys with personality Fleetwood (get your hair cut though), Hatton, Fitzpatrick, Reed jump out there. Both Molinari's just make me smile, Francesco in particular. Els for that glorious swing although I still feel that last Open win wasn't quite right. Bascially, I like lots of golfers out there, in particularly the enthusiastic ones. Smile fella's you are living the dream.

Dislike, a bit strong to say that but McDowell, it is the hybrid American/Irish accent and that as a grown man he is still okay being referred to as GMac. Really, how old? Montgomery, years of being sour and rude out on the course, the put on posh voice in the commentary box. Furyk, how slow to take a putt? Bubba doesn't offend me, I neither like nor dislike him. Maybe I need to follow him more closely although I do get the top button irritation. Woods, robotic, no smile, dullest interviewer EVER, he hired the most irritating caddy ever to work, did he enjoy any aspect of golf other than winning? Joyless person, but I still do not enjoy watching his meltdown.

I'm pleased to say that no golfer annoys me anywhere near as much as a ream of footballers or Aussie cricketers so they can't be doing too much wrong.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't really like anyone wh has to mention God in their acceptance speech. For some reason I really don't like watching Ogilvy or Allenby probably because I can never remember who's who :D (and they both seem to be miserable gits most of the time)

Ogilvy and Allenby are very different. One is a major winner, the other is a major ... something else.

Ogilvy is basically quiet. He likes links golf, classic courses and plays golf for fun when he isn't working. He gives good interviews, thoughtful and sensible.

Allenby is the sort of guy who fires his caddy mid-round and gets involved in a bizarre and almost certainly untruthful story involving a strip club, his wallet and being drugged.

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
My all time favourite is Jimenez. Probs the coolest sportsman in the world!!

I like all the British guys, though warm to Paul Lawrie especially. Shane Lowry is another favourite.

Not got much dislike for anyone. The preachy ones are a little annoying and anybody who wears a snapback can gtf.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Listened to Geoff Ogilvy on the by the minute podcast a couple of weeks ago, really enjoyed it - well worth a listen.

Along with the usual suspect Bubba, I never warmed to Paul Casey or Ross Fisher.

Think Poulter spends far too much energy deciding what to wear, so it's no surprise to me that he plays his best golf at the Ryder Cup where someone else picks his clothes for him!

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Casey, woods, mcilroy. Nike do pick some gooduns... Nick Doherty. Louis o's manner in the open, really won me over. An that seve fella was a bit good

poulters not for me, but you can't please everyone