Favourite format?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

What is your favourite format?

• Total voters
D

Deleted Member 1156

Off the back of the greensomes thread, what is your favourite format for a game of golf?

D

Deleted member 21258

Tough one to chose, as team and singles are different.

If I only had one round of golf in my life left, I think I would pick Texas scramble with the family. Then I can feel joy, anger, annoyance, happiness during the course of one round:D

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had individual Matchplay been an option I probbaly would have gone for that, but I do love a good foursomes match. I know it doesn't suit everyone but when you've got a good relationship with your partner and you're playing like a real team it's fantastic.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree with Darren, I love a good team event. However, I also like to play golf to score and with stableford being a touch kinder to me than medal play, I went with that!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've gone for medal. Other high handicappers would probably say Stableford as it's a bit more forgiving, but I quite like the idea that every single shot you take counts, and it's just you against the course and against your handicap. Plus the only tournament I've won was a monthly medal. It's a guilty pleasure scanning through the scores on Howdidido as well to find chaps who had a nightmare on one hole and scored a 12 or something. :D

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had individual Matchplay been an option I probbaly would have gone for that, but I do love a good foursomes match. I know it doesn't suit everyone but when you've got a good relationship with your partner and you're playing like a real team it's fantastic.

Likewise I might have picked singles matchplay but went for medal instead.

I actually quite enjoy scratch foursomes matchplay but dislike the handicap equivalent, not from a handicap snob perspective but just that the psychology and tactics can be quite different.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Single medal and Texas scramble for team, unquestionably the most fun you can have at golf with your mates.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Single medal and Texas scramble for team, unquestionably the most fun you can have at golf with your mates.

This , i'm more suited to medal and generally keep it in play all the way round . Scrambles are brilliant fun especially with a caveat where each player has to have a minimum amount of tee shots. I've seen good players buckle under the pressure when they have to have the last two drives which in the bar afterwards has been hilarious but not at the time !!

D

Deleted member 16999

Singles Medal, you against the course with a card in your hand! Love it, can’t do it ;)

D

Deleted member 1147

For a norlam game of golf a medal is my favourite - me against the course, trying to score the lowest I can.

But I do enjoy some of the team formats for a bit of fun, particularly an AM-AM or Texas Scramble.

I've never really taken to foresomes or greensomes.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Matchplay for me.

Texas scramble deserves a nod for adding the fun factor amongst all the other golf formats out there.