Favourite format?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

What is your favourite format?

• Total voters

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Will play mixed better ball events but I loathe alternate shot formats, and having tried it once in a mixed event it's not something I'll rush back to do again. Granted neither of us played well and NO blame attached to my partner but the pace of play given it was alternate shots was dire. Four hours to play foursomes. No thanks.

I love better ball, having snared a good partner again at my club (think HawkeyeMS has rid his demons of playing with me since he joined Blackmoor) but I prefer my own ball and stand and fall by my own performance

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wow!! foursomes, when played properly is reckoned to be the fastest format for golf. However it is normal practice for the non hitting player to go forward and be ready for next shot when the ball lands.

Would have helped if both female partners had done that instead of stopping for a gas. Both seemed out for some sort of pleasant stroll. Hard to get into any sort of game mind set when you aren't playing every shot and it seems to take an age before you play your next one. Never again