Fallacy or Fact

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Adjustable clubs are a scam. Sold to the average golfer as a more expensive benefit when all it does is allow the manufacturer to save on production costs and expensive fitting carts, the retailer to hold less stock as they only need one head and a couple of shafts and yet golfers are then charged more for something that few will even change as it has been 'fitted' for them (see earlier post, is fitting a scam)

One of the big advantages I have found it is that means I have been able to try quite a few different shafts with risking of blowing a shaft when extracting or even blowing a head with a carbon crown.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The R&A, in their hole measurement methodology.
The R&A did not decide where we put our marker posts and I would doubt that the person who did the measurement would have even known what you are talking about.

Certainly when we did our 100 yard plates one of the people doing the measuring was just a committee member.

I think our original 150yards measurements were done by the head greenkeeper with a yardage wheel before golf club lasers were around, although I know our yardage charts were done with a laser as we employed a company to do it.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
I guess a definition of "truly great putter" is needed here....
Jack
Tiger
?
Jack “anchored“ (the original R&A definition before they changed it) for years - he locked his right elbow into his side and then just putted with his wrists. Does that count? .

Last edited:

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Fact, then, in the terminology of this thread !
No, your statement was baseless fallacy.

As an example, I'm a black dot standard length with Ping. Last year I went for a whole new bag, pro gave me the G425, I was hitting it badly "what on earth's that" asks I? Turns out I was hitting green dot, it was terrible, when heads were changed to black dot, flushing them

From my own previous fitting experience I saw this frequently, for someone with no knowledge to say it's a myth is laughable, you haven't got a clue

Last edited by a moderator:

wjemather

Visit site
Never up never in.
F or f ?
Scientific research apparently ongoing to try to resolve this one.
Obviously fact. No ball finishing short of the hole has ever gone in.

The question is whether it's better to try to ensure the ball always reaches the hole, or simply aim to get it as close to the hole as possible.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
No, your statement was baseless fallacy.

As an example, I'm a black dot standard length with Ping. Last year I went for a whole new bag, pro gave me the G425, I was hitting it badly."what on earth's that" asks I? Turns out I was hitting green dot, it was terrible, when heads were changed to black dot, flushing them

From my own previous fitting experience I saw this frequently, for someone with no knowledge to say it's a myth is laughable, you haven't got a clue

I think you've overlooked the word "fun" in the OP.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ping offer their hybrids, fairway woods, and drivers, in 10 dot lie variants, so that it isnt only a minority who can try to play them.

F or f ?

RichA

Visit site
Ping offer their hybrids, fairway woods, and drivers, in 10 dot lie variants, so that it isnt only a minority who can try to play them.

F or f ?
Neither really. It's just untrue. Somebody would have to believe it for it to be a fallacy.