Fallacy or Fact

YandaB

Visit site
Agree with No.1

No.2 is nonsense. Would lead to millions of arguments about what a divot is and at what stage of repair does it stop being a divot.
BiB: Does it really matter, if you are on the fairway, you get a good lie, essentially preferred lies all year around. I don't much care either way, it happens too infrequently (maybe related to my FIR % :)) for it to make much of a difference in my opinion. Just that there doesn't need to be any arguments about it if that's what's chosen to be done.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Greg Norman says so, so it must be fact.

HOW TO MAKE IT SUCK BACK
One of the most dramatic things anyone can do to a golf ball is apply so much backspin that, after landing, it sucks backward as if on a string.
The key to the technique is to make crisp, brisk impact with the back of the ball. Ideally, in fact, you want to hit the top-back quadrant of the ball, so that you squeeze the ball against the turf for a millisecond. That's what creates the friction that makes the ball spin.

Last edited:

Captain_Black.

Visit site
Agree with No.1

No.2 is nonsense. Would lead to millions of arguments about what a divot is and at what stage of repair does it stop being a divot.
I would argue that identifying a divot on a fairway is far easier than identifying animal scrapings, which you do get relief from.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Greg Normal says so, so it must be fact.

HOW TO MAKE IT SUCK BACK
One of the most dramatic things anyone can do to a golf ball is apply so much backspin that, after landing, it sucks backward as if on a string.
The key to the technique is to make crisp, brisk impact with the back of the ball. Ideally, in fact, you want to hit the top-back quadrant of the ball, so that you squeeze the ball against the turf for a millisecond. That's what creates the friction that makes the ball spin.

It’s even more likely to be nonsense if he said it.

People don’t understand what compression is. Trying to hit ‘down’ on the ball doesn’t end well.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
To get back spin you have to squeeze the ball between the clubface and the ground.
You get backspin even when you use a driver :rolleyes:

Correction. Most golfers do. From most of your trolling posts I wonder if you actually know much about the game.

"British" Open :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 1147

Woods have changed considerably over the last 40 years, but irons have hardly changed at all in comparison.
Fact
Irons have changed to a degree, mainly with regard the metals used and with the advent of the hollow headed irons & foam inners. But blades have been around forever without much change, and there have been cavity backs (however ugly they used to be) for some time too.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Fact
Irons have changed to a degree, mainly with regard the metals used and with the advent of the hollow headed irons & foam inners. But blades have been around forever without much change, and there have been cavity backs (however ugly they used to be) for some time too.

Fallacy, they put different numbers on the bottom these days. ;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
There is only one ‘straight’ when it comes to a golf shot. We obsess about hitting it straight when many shots very close to that straight will have pretty much exactly the same outcome, but we haven’t hit it straight.

Last edited: