Fairway woods?

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
thinking about changing my 3 wood I want something I can rip off the tee when I don’t want to take driver but also pretty easy to hit off the deck I don’t ask for much lol I’m taking a big liking to the Titliest ts range of fairways currently got a m4 hl and I’m losing too much with it because of the height .

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Just replaced my 3 wood today. Was going to go for the titleist ts3, hit that and a 917 f2 that was still new in stock. Hit both on GC quad, both averaged 248 carry, both felt literally the same so I ended up just buying the 917. I got it for £125 whereas the ts3 was £269. No brainer really

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
And when you find one, hold onto it forever!
They're like rocking horse poo....
Your telling me lol I don’t tend to use the 3 wood off the deck I use my 3 hybrid for that because I’m not long enough to attack most par 5s in two so it would probably be more of a option off the tee

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Was watching a Mike Malaska vid, he was describing his clubs and it came to the 3 wood. Basically he said the same, try many, once you find one that works hang on to it forever.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought the TS3 it was a weapon off tee, but for me so so on fairways.

Very comparable to the 917 which was a great fairway wood release, so as said It’s a good shout.

I’ve sold the TS3 and now opted for an F8+ which I will honestly never part with.

I love the rails on the fairway, I can hit from divots, rough, tight lies it doesn’t worry me. Off the tee I tee it right down to the point it may as well be off the deck.

The F8+ is low spin / low launch with a tiny head, the F8 is the more forgiving option and I imagine good fun. I skipped the F9 options as the F8+ as a package suited me to the ground.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site

Very comparable to the 917 which was a great fairway wood release, so as said It’s a good shout.

I’ve sold the TS3 and now opted for an F8+ which I will honestly never part with.

I love the rails on the fairway, I can hit from divots, rough, tight lies it doesn’t worry me. Off the tee I tee it right down to the point it may as well be off the deck.

The F8+ is low spin / low launch with a tiny head, the F8 is the more forgiving option and I imagine good fun. I skipped the F9 options as the F8+ as a package suited me to the ground.
I've found that with my Ping G20 fairway. Took me quite a while to work out to tee it very low!

simonm8

Visit site
I have gone with the g410 5 wood, knocked down to 16.5.. Its very hot off the face and a rocket.. To be fair not used it off the tee yet, but off the fairway it goes miles, I'm no bigger hitter but by comparison, the 5 mood off the deck goes on average 30 yards longer then my old xr speed 3 wood, when I used that off the tee..

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Currently have the Cobra f7 lofted to 16 degrees.

As others have mentioned, the rails are great. They definitely help when you have a poor lie or chunk it slightly.

I did used to have a TM M2 2016 HL 3 wood which was great off the fairway but went into orbit and found it wasn't really maximising distance. It was extremely easy to hit though.

I then moved to an SLDR 14 degree (i think) tour 3 wood with an Xstiff shaft. This thing was an absolute beast of the tee, came out low draw every time and ran for miles yet was woeful off the deck. As it nearly went the same distance as my driver (albeit a different shape and flight) I just wasn't using it as much and felt I would benefit more being able to go for par 5's in 2.

Will see how long the cobra stays in the bag, no plans to change just yet.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site

I used to have the 915 3+5 wood wish I never got rid of both used to rocket the ball out there I’ve read a fair bit about the cobra with rails apparently so easy to hit and will do it all .i just need something with less spin than my m4 hl yes it’s easy to hit off the deck but I’m losing so much with the ballon ball flight .

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Currently have the Cobra f7 lofted to 16 degrees.

As others have mentioned, the rails are great. They definitely help when you have a poor lie or chunk it slightly.

I did used to have a TM M2 2016 HL 3 wood which was great off the fairway but went into orbit and found it wasn't really maximising distance. It was extremely easy to hit though.

I then moved to an SLDR 14 degree (i think) tour 3 wood with an Xstiff shaft. This thing was an absolute beast of the tee, came out low draw every time and ran for miles yet was woeful off the deck. As it nearly went the same distance as my driver (albeit a different shape and flight) I just wasn't using it as much and felt I would benefit more being able to go for par 5's in 2.

Will see how long the cobra stays in the bag, no plans to change just yet.
The m2 sounds exactly like my m4 3 hl is like losing loads because of the height you get off it need to bring the spin down a bit I think

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yeah 100%. I used to really struggle with getting height on 3 woods and this was perfect for me. Once I improved, it just started going too high. If I remember correctly, on trackman I was getting 4000 rpm.

I would recommend the HL version for anyone who struggles to get carry with a 3 wood

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I've got an Adams tight lies 2 16degree 3 wood and I love it. I can hit it off the tee and fairway.
I've tried other woods but I keep going back to the tight lies.
the only club I might swap it for is a 14degree version, if I can find one

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
The m2 sounds exactly like my m4 3 hl is like losing loads because of the height you get off it need to bring the spin down a bit I think

I'm a high spin player that's why I went with the F8+ it has the weight forward, small head and the NV green shaft available is mid-low launch / low spin.

I've been extremely happy with it, I didn't want to part with my TS3 it was so shiny, but the Cobra for me was just perfect and filled a gap i've not been happy with for many years as I launch them all so high.

Worth a try, not a bad price thanks to F9 release at £160 but quite a lot smaller than most 3 woods about today. Don't mind that personally, but it all helps in the quest of lower spin.

https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/aca...MI-Lao_9Cx4QIVT-d3Ch0qcQWJEAQYASABEgLmNvD_BwE

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm a high spin player that's why I went with the F8+ it has the weight forward, small head and the NV green shaft available is mid-low launch / low spin.

I've been extremely happy with it, I didn't want to part with my TS3 it was so shiny, but the Cobra for me was just perfect and filled a gap i've not been happy with for many years as I launch them all so high.

Worth a try, not a bad price thanks to F9 release at £160 but quite a lot smaller than most 3 woods about today. Don't mind that personally, but it all helps in the quest of lower spin.

https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/aca...MI-Lao_9Cx4QIVT-d3Ch0qcQWJEAQYASABEgLmNvD_BwE
That may just be the ticket looking at the low spin and launch