Fading eyesight and Disappearing Drives?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting comments about Lazer surgery, I had that about 15 years ago and have been wondering lately if my eyesight has deteriorated.

Were you told that surgery could wear off after a certain time?
Yes I was .
Your eyes revert back to your original state ,not exactly but near enough.
My right has been quicker than my left and has been problematic.
I only had a mild prescription any way but my crane was remote control and I was looking over my lenses and it caused me neck problems.
I can still drive / play without glasses but they do sharpen things up especially watching TV.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes I was .
Your eyes revert back to your original state ,not exactly but near enough.
My right has been quicker than my left and has been problematic.
I only had a mild prescription any way but my crane was remote control and I was looking over my lenses and it caused me neck problems.
I can still drive / play without glasses but they do sharpen things up especially watching TV.

That’s interesting I never knew they revert back to original state, I only need glasses for reading but I think my eyesight is slowly getting worse

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Golf is the only activity where I am wearing my glasses, apart from driving a car of course.

And when playing by myself I play a red ball. I see it better, but when in a comp I play a white ball because my partners seem to see that better, and there are more of them.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
While serving in the RAF in my late 30s I became aware that my distance vision was not what it should be and was prescribed glasses to correct this. As I was a very competitive squash and badminton player of a pretty decent standard, I didn't fancy playing wearing glasses and thought I'd go for contacts - I did play a bit of golf also and thought glasses might be a bit of an issue. It takes a little bit of time to get used to putting them in and taking them out and looking after them but was very far from an insurmountable issue. I have never looked back and with 45 years now of contact lens use, I would not be without them - and I have thought of laser surgery but decided I was too old to justify it. I now use daily multifocal contacts with no need now for reading glasses either. I am a highly regarded ball spotter.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Interesting comments about Lazer surgery, I had that about 15 years ago and have been wondering lately if my eyesight has deteriorated.

Were you told that surgery could wear off after a certain time?
The surgery should not wear off but it won't stop the need for age related reading glasses as you get older.

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for your reply , I have regular eye tests, my eyesight doesn’t necessitate wearing glasses and so I’m putting off the enevitable. I’m interested to hear from guys like yourself that have been through it too! I guess it’s time now!

Glasses are the best bit of kit I added to my bag last year. I too was putting off the inevitable and relied on playing partners to see most of my drives down particularly in cloudy dull days. If you're losing one or two balls a round due to your eyes then you need to do yourself a favor and get the glasses worn, in my experience it's much easier to see your ball fly OOB!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i try and use a pink ball in the winter, i find that very easy to follow in the air, plus it ways seems to annoy my playing partners:LOL:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i try and use a pink ball in the winter, i find that very easy to follow in the air, plus it ways seems to annoy my playing partners:LOL:

I had heard about a pink ball being better. My experience was totally the opposite. I bought a dozen Srixon soft feel pink for a £5 (on offer from American golf). only got as far as the 4th and stopped using it, I gave the dozen away.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wilson do a lot of different colours. Callaway do many versions of the Tru-Vis so it may be a case of the OP trying to find an outlet that sells sleeves of three and trying as many versions as possible until they find one that works for them

jack1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a similar problem and have reading glasses, long distance and varifocals. None of them do the job on the golf course unfortunately. The distance glasses help with drives and green reading but not looking at the ball

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s not really your eyes reverting back to normal maybe that’s worded wrong.
My surgeon told me lazer surgery will sort your prescription but your eyes deteriorate over time .
So you sight will more or less revert back to where you were after a certain time.
They keep on deteriorating as you get older just like they would have anyway.
It creeps up on you and it usually takes a simple thing for you to notice.
Mine was I can’t see the ball land anymore with driver especially in poor light.