F/S: TaylorMade Quad

mikeyp74

Club Champion
Visit site
Re: F/S: TaylorMade Quad & Nike CPR Irons

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm interested in both the driver and the nike irons.

One question - i've been advised to get a CGB Max over the SuperQuad(was told it was better for a high handicapper?-slower swing speed?) but as both have moveable weights is there really much of a difference? :D

I also play corrie-handed (life's tough eh!) so my swing is pretty fast, therefore i think the quad would be ok. I've just joined Milngavie so i am starting to play 2 or 3 times per week, and need better equipment out there with me.

What would you be looking for to take the nikes and the quad?

Many thanks,

Michael. :)

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

TBQH, the 11.5 degree loft super quad is spot on for a high handicap player with a slow to medium swing speeds as there is absolutely tonnes of loft. There is a bit of difference in the flight characteristics, but I'd still be tempted to say using it set to high neutral is probably the best for most players, as it also gives quite a penetrating ball flight in this setting.

Now I have a high swing speed & its only when I really started getting good last year that the ball would get a little too much backspin, which ironically was cured with easing off a fraction.

I'd be looking for around 200 quid for both items together.

Is there anything else catches your eye, perhaps a nice Ben Hogan hybrid, or perhaps a hippo 60 degree lob wedge. Are you looking for a stand or cart bag, or perhaps a pull-cart, I can probably make a good deal if you are relitively close by.

mikeyp74

Club Champion
Visit site

Hi, thanks for that, i'll take them both for 200 no problem.
Only thing is i'm in Glasgow! Not exactly next door!
Don't really need much else, got a good putter, maybe a lob wedge though? And got shoes, bag & cart.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I'll need to work out postage to be added, though one minor fly in the ointemnt is that I've currently lent out the Driver to a mate at work who might buy it, or so he says, so it might or might not still be for sale, will probably find out tomorrow.

mikeyp74

Club Champion
Visit site

Hi, forget the driver then, if you can give me a price for the irons with postage that'd be great

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

As I say my mate from work may or may not want the driver, so all is not lost on that front yet.

Will look into postage for the Nike irons, as soon as I'm able, as this week I'm working early shift meaning I'm stuck at work between 6am & 6pm each day until wednesday, so may take a few days. gives me a chance to make sure all are spotlessly clean & packaged in readyness.