Extras you Club offers

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No, not that sort of thing!:eek:

Most clubs offer perks to members - bar discount, range balls etc, but does your club offer anything more unusual? My club has recently announced a barber is visiting once week to give haircuts to members. Not sure if it is at a reduced rate than in his shop in town but seems a bit strange to me.

Anyone got any other weird perks?

Mandofred

Visit site
We have quite a few evening entertainment events. Plenty of restaurants having discounts etc. They put out an email a couple of days ago advertising a couple of financial planners doing an evening of info pretty soon.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No, not that sort of thing!:eek:

Most clubs offer perks to members - bar discount, range balls etc, but does your club offer anything more unusual? My club has recently announced a barber is visiting once week to give haircuts to members. Not sure if it is at a reduced rate than in his shop in town but seems a bit strange to me.

Anyone got any other weird perks?

Seriously! No way would I want to see that in the clubhouse.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
In previous years our pro has run Winter ‘keep fit for golf’ sessions. Our social committee also puts on a themed Christmas Show starring members of all the talents ?…raising money for the Captain’s Charity…though the member who has coordinated this for the last few years has stepped down and I don’t know if anyone has picked it up. We also have a Christmas evening of carols, songs and readings - a mix of standard Christmas readings and secular ones. These latter two events giving any member with thespian, singing or other performative ambitions to strut their stuff…some are quite good actually.

But no perks beyond the bounds of the club.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Free carparking

and

er

I'm struggling here

Oh yes, there's a drinking fountain on the 10th tee. Water. Doesn't always work, though.

Ours was by the 10th green, but it was damage and needed replacing. When it was put in late in the last century it was copper pipe laid just below the surface, but now modern Building Regs apply, and it has to be a particular pipe for potted water, and buried miles down, so it's too expensive to replace it.

D

Deleted member 23344

As my club is a country club, my subs get me the gym (which I use a lot … yeah right! ?) and the swimming pool. I consider them as free, given that my monthly subs are no more than those at golf only clubs in the area.

sunshine

Visit site
Somebody rocking up to cut hair in a golf club is the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I'm embarrassed at the thought of it.

It's a bit random, but how is it embarrassing?

Given the average age of golf club members, I'm not sure there is much hair to cut. On the other hand, this could be a winner on ladies day. They could all get their blue rinse together.