Just kind of “joined” a club...

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Well, not technically, but...

The club near me that I most wanted to join, was the one with the highest membership fees - I’m sure the two facts are closely related! But at over £1200 as a beginner, I couldn’t justify it.

One of the reasons I wanted to join is their excellent practice facilities: two purpose built short game areas, with two greens, six holes and three bunkers, an 18 hole putting green, a driving range, and full practice hole!

Then I discovered that they run a program called “access partnership”.

Basically, you buy £200 of green fee credit and gives reduced green fees, discount on food in the club house, member rates on range balls, and all year round access to all practice facilities!

Don‘t tell them, but I would very happily have paid £200, just to access the facilities! The fact that the cash I’ve handed over gets me reduced rate green fees - which I’d almost certainly have been spending anyway over the next 12 months, just adds some very delicious icing to a rather nice cake!

It‘s Sunday to Friday access - no Saturday, and no comps... but Saturday is off the cards for me for family reasons, and as a complete beginner, I wasn’t planning on entering comps this coming year anyway.

The whole thing suits me perfectly!

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

The club near me that I most wanted to join, was the one with the highest membership fees - I’m sure the two facts are closely related! But at over £1200 as a beginner, I couldn’t justify it.

One of the reasons I wanted to join is their excellent practice facilities: two purpose built short game areas, with two greens, six holes and three bunkers, an 18 hole putting green, a driving range, and full practice hole!

Basically, you buy £200 of green fee credit and gives reduced green fees, discount on food in the club house, member rates on range balls, and all year round access to all practice facilities!

Don‘t tell them, but I would very happily have paid £200, just to access the facilities! The fact that the cash I’ve handed over gets me reduced rate green fees - which I’d almost certainly have been spending anyway over the next 12 months, just adds some very delicious icing to a rather nice cake!

It‘s Sunday to Friday access - no Saturday, and no comps... but Saturday is off the cards for me for family reasons, and as a complete beginner, I wasn’t planning on entering comps this coming year anyway.

Sounds like a satisfied customer. But a word of warning... if you get the bug, by mid to late spring you will want to be playing in Comps and getting your handicap sorted.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
What a deal! Sounds like an absolute steal tbh, but I'd imagine it's a great way of getting a foot in the door and then 'stepping up' to full membership.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site

Result!!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Manchester. In fact, it’s Manchester Golf Club, in Middleton, less than a mile from where I live by road. Should I wish, I could even walk less than half a mile on footpaths through fields to get there.

Well done me man. Always said that clubs have to entice people to join. Got a lovely Moonchester driver head cover in the garage somewhere if required. 😁

D

Deleted member 15344

Interesting membership and certainly one that can entice people into the sport - good luck and enjoy 👍