How far would you financially support yout club at this time?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Perhaps like my club the steward lives on site. They have taken the decision to empty the fridge/freezers of stock.

You can be very pedantic at times.

Are you sure you get it? What's pedantic about what he said.?
The club is encouraging people to travel to them to get beer?
That's in complete contravention of the lock down requirement.
The only saving grace may be that that arrangement is not a recent one and was set up some while ago before lock down.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I have to completely climb down from my position that I won't play anything if I don't play golf. my fishing club said "pay your subs or we'll lose the lake". I didn't like it but I paid the £250. didn't take much to make me buckle did it!!! Imagine me in the war?

Yes, I understand first thoughts of "I'm not paying for something I'm not having", but I look upon it as sunken costs. If things were normal, then you would have spent the money. It would have left your account.
So, as things are, in reality you have lost several games of golf or several fishing sessions.
The plus is, the venues are there for you to resume when this is over.?

D

Deleted member 17920

I have to completely climb down from my position that I won't play anything if I don't play golf. my fishing club said "pay your subs or we'll lose the lake". I didn't like it but I paid the £250. didn't take much to make me buckle did it!!! Imagine me in the war?
Now just for security reasons can you let me know the 1st and 3rd number of you PIN number.

Now the 2nd and 4th.

:)

Grizzly

Visit site
Everyone’s struggling you can’t be expected to keep making payments for gyms, golf clubs, nurseries and the like just to keep them afloat

As much as we can all get each other out you have to look after your own finances before you help others we don’t know how long this could last

It depends for me how reasonable the club concerned are being. I don't expect I shall play cricket this year, but I have paid a full playing membership as I know the club needs the money, and none of the club "staff" take a penny except the lass who does the bar of a weekend. I won't chase Sky for a refund on the £15 Sports sub as the channels still exist. I will chase Virgin for my gym fees because they have done nothing!

Springveldt

Visit site
It depends for me how reasonable the club concerned are being. I don't expect I shall play cricket this year, but I have paid a full playing membership as I know the club needs the money, and none of the club "staff" take a penny except the lass who does the bar of a weekend. I won't chase Sky for a refund on the £15 Sports sub as the channels still exist. I will chase Virgin for my gym fees because they have done nothing!
Chase SKY, they are letting you postpone your Sports payment for 3 months while still giving you the channels. Can do it through the app on the phone apparently. No live sport, so you aren't exactly getting your monies worth.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Are you sure you get it? What's pedantic about what he said.?
The club is encouraging people to travel to them to get beer?
That's in complete contravention of the lock down requirement.
The only saving grace may be that that arrangement is not a recent one and was set up some while ago before lock down.

I get it alright and I have a requirement to go and get food. Should I not be able to get said food at the supermarket and my golf club were offering to clear their stock of food that can be bought there is no difference to going to Tesco.

It's still allowed to buy provisions.

So kindly take your your condescending tone and ram it.

sussexhacker

Visit site

I’m the captain of my cricket club and I’m not expecting anyone to pay their subs this year, but we’re a small club and we don’t have a lot of outgoings and are in pretty good financial shape so I could understand a lot of other clubs would need it still