How far would you financially support yout club at this time?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Of the clubs I've been a member of down the years there's one I'd gladly cough up double if it was struggling. I remember many years ago they came to me when I was out injured and offered to credit the following year's subs with the time I missed out on. Fantastic club, and really doing well now.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm afraid that without being too callous 'charity really does begin at home'.

Our club is a business and the directors 'treat' themselves and their family/relatives pretty well with freebies etc. so I'm afraid I'll put my family at the head of the queue.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just got an email from the club with request to vote for one of two options. I am very happy at the club and was happy to vote for Option 1.

Option 1 (club’s preferred option)
  • Monthly subscriptions continue to be paid at the existing level
  • Upon re-opening of the business, which will be subject to government advice, the club will refund all membership fees incurred during closure pro-rata over the subsequent 12 months.
  • 20% of your annual membership fees will be placed on your club e-wallet upon re-opening.
  • Membership price freeze until 1st June 2022 for all members under this option.
Option 2
  • Immediate membership suspension whereby any further membership fees are placed on hold until full club re-opening, subject to government advice.

D

Deleted member 17920

Of the clubs I've been a member of down the years there's one I'd gladly cough up double if it was struggling. I remember many years ago they came to me when I was out injured and offered to credit the following year's subs with the time I missed out on. Fantastic club, and really doing well now.
Loyalty is the way forward as it’s everything going forward.

We do the same for any member.

Hackers76

Visit site
Well our club and the group (BGL) have announced tonight that courses and all facilities are closed. Direct debits will be suspended and credits given to those that have paid in full. Needed to happen after the scenes in the press from the weekend.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm already paid up in full, hopefully most members are too, the only loss will be the bar takings so we should be alright for a few months.
Hopefully the local authority council will suspend the council tax.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I pay on direct debit and will continue to do so whilst I can afford to do so. It's a members club so relies on the subs from the members to continue.
I know that they have allowed members in the past to have membership holidays for up to a year when they were unable to play. They've always tried to be flexible in their approach to the members and I want this club to be here when the situation is over. If I want it to be there, I have to do my bit.

All the clubs are going to struggle at this time. However, I think there are other clubs in the area who are going to struggle more than others.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I paid my annual renewal a couple of weeks ago. I'd hate to see the club fold but it is a members club and I just hope with a lot of closures due to rain, and now this that the majority of members also renew

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Just a thought guys. Should clubs now be considering changing the subs dates for next year. We can’t now play for at least three weeks or more. So now next year subs due end of April not beginning and longer goes in it rolls on and on. This tome of year is one of the most expensive for any club. Fertiliser, tip dressing etc to get the course kick started for the growing season. After that a short break in major expense before the autumn fertilisers etc. So rolling the subs on with little outgoings except green staff wages the. Clubs should be able to keep hold of enough mo ey to be able to roll on the subs date.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Just a thought guys. Should clubs now be considering changing the subs dates for next year. We can’t now play for at least three weeks or more. So now next year subs due end of April not beginning and longer goes in it rolls on and on. This tome of year is one of the most expensive for any club. Fertiliser, tip dressing etc to get the course kick started for the growing season. After that a short break in major expense before the autumn fertilisers etc. So rolling the subs on with little outgoings except green staff wages the. Clubs should be able to keep hold of enough mo ey to be able to roll on the subs date.
Very much doubt clubs will do anything, the odd one might offer this year pro-rata but I think that's the best you can hope for. I'd imagine most will be looking for the regular yearly subs

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I pay on direct debit and will continue to do so whilst I can afford to do so. It's a members club so relies on the subs from the members to continue.
I know that they have allowed members in the past to have membership holidays for up to a year when they were unable to play. They've always tried to be flexible in their approach to the members and I want this club to be here when the situation is over. If I want it to be there, I have to do my bit.

All the clubs are going to struggle at this time. However, I think there are other clubs in the area who are going to struggle more than others.

Some will struggle enormously.

I know of a few in my area that are already in the poop, one of which I was surprised at.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've paid my fees in full for the year and I won't put in a penny more although to be fair I'm confident the club can sustain itself just fine.

I would like to think (hope) that at worst there will be no increase next year but I certainly wouldn't be banking on that!!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've paid my fees in full for the year and I won't put in a penny more although to be fair I'm confident the club can sustain itself just fine.

I would like to think (hope) that at worst there will be no increase next year but I certainly wouldn't be banking on that!!!
surely you could spare a £10 for your club:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: