Excel problem

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking for some help...I want to use an excel spreadsheet but want to clear the data but keep the calculations/formulas...

Is there a simple way to delete the current data without deleting the calculations/formulas?

When I just select all and delete when I add in more data it wont make the previous calculations.

Hope that makes sense. I would ask my 8 year old but he is in bed :whoo:

Thanks

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The data and the formulae will be in different cells.

If it's not obvious where the data is, looking at the formulae should tell you where it is.

Unless I'm misunderstanding?

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
The data and the formulae will be in different cells.

If it's not obvious where the data is, looking at the formulae should tell you where it is.

Unless I'm misunderstanding?

Not sure what that all means lol

Have you checked that the calculation setting for the worksheet is set to Automatic and not Manual?

Found the settings and they are clicked at automatic.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
if a1:a10 auto sums in a11 then even with empty cells the formula/calculation should still be in a11, or have i misunderstood too?

edited to add,

don't select all and delete otherwise you are deleting the cells with the formula in too

jaymays

Hacker
Visit site
Just follow this step by step to clear everything except the formulas on that excel sheet:

1. Press F5. Excel displays the Go To dialog box.
2. Click the Special button. Excel displays the Go To Special dialog box.
3. Select the Constants radio button. The four check boxes under the Formulas option then become available.
4. Make sure that all the check boxes under the Formulas radio button are selected.
5. Click OK. Excel selects all the constants (cells that don't contain formulas) in the worksheet.
6. Press the Del key.

Cheers!

betts

Visit site
Just follow this step by step to clear everything except the formulas on that excel sheet:

1. Press F5. Excel displays the Go To dialog box.
2. Click the Special button. Excel displays the Go To Special dialog box.
3. Select the Constants radio button. The four check boxes under the Formulas option then become available.
4. Make sure that all the check boxes under the Formulas radio button are selected.
5. Click OK. Excel selects all the constants (cells that don't contain formulas) in the worksheet.
6. Press the Del key.

Cheers!
I had a similar problem. Thanks, you solved it!:) I’m impressed! Thank you:)