Ever Felt That You Have to Play Golf

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Even it is absolutely peeing down, I am still desperate to get on course. I get more upset if it looks like I can't, ie course flooded etc! Just love it, probably as I only get to play once every 6 weeks or so

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes I have had the feeling of I have to play - not because of the value aspect but because of the "my game will suffer if I don't".
But I do understand where you're coming from.

I play or practice 5-6 times a week in the summer (advantage of a 4:30 finish) - so I know I get my value for money!

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very similar to this but with football for me.

The last injury I had slogged my guts out for the umpteenth time to get back to playing, back in proper training I knew I was pretty much done as hated it, first game back by about 3 minutes in I knew I'd never set foot on a pitch again and never have after the final whistle that day.

I think that's why I don't practice much at golf Im a bit afraid of taking it too seriously, like I did for too long with football, so I never get to that point where it stops being purely for enjoyment/a laugh and I want to pack it in.......

Same with me with football. Picking up injuries, subbing due to the injuries and only playing 20 mins every Sunday was starting to do my head in. Lesser players playing instead of me made me re-think about playing, it got to the point that I said if I sub and don't get on then that's it and one weekend it happened, told the manager I was leaving (no hard feelings) and haven't played since. It started to become a big effort to get myself up for it especially as I'd played since I was 7 year old.

Golf is more of a hobby that I have to fit round family and scoring brownie points so don't feel the pressure to play, I'd love to play loads more but just can't.