European Tour - UK Swing

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I’m looking forward to it.

It’ll be different them looking for their own balls, and no stands etc to hit at when in trouble.
I wonder how many balls they’ll lose?
Wouldnt surprise me if the courses were set up favourably.

Short cut grass etc. The Belfry is gonna be bloody short.

Wolf

Visit site
Average fields, average courses and playing for below average purses. No fans or sponsors.

Bit meh to be honest. Needs must though I suppose.
Pretty much sums up my feelings on it. Definitely a needs must situation so fair play but chances of me tuning in are slim to none.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Makes sense - hotels and known courses. The one that interests me is the move (again!) for the BMW at Wentworth. The daylight in mid October is gonna be rubbish, the weather almost certainly worse. I'm sceptical to say the least, and it's a shame as it's one event I've been to the last 3/4 years and really enjoyed.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Makes sense - hotels and known courses. The one that interests me is the move (again!) for the BMW at Wentworth. The daylight in mid October is gonna be rubbish, the weather almost certainly worse. I'm sceptical to say the least, and it's a shame as it's one event I've been to the last 3/4 years and really enjoyed.

My guess is the move is so they can do another UK swing, with the Dunhill at the start of October, then the Scottish Open then Wentworth. Would make sense so that they play a number of weeks in a row.

I hope this first UK swing can be the start for getting more tournaments back in the UK, since they are going for the English and Welsh opens as names hopefully these can be back on the schedule for next year.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My guess is the move is so they can do another UK swing, with the Dunhill at the start of October, then the Scottish Open then Wentworth. Would make sense so that they play a number of weeks in a row.

I hope this first UK swing can be the start for getting more tournaments back in the UK, since they are going for the English and Welsh opens as names hopefully these can be back on the schedule for next year.

will have to get some government buy in regarding the way the top guys are taxed (and potential exemptions) and find some long term sponsors, sadly think this may be a one off :(

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Will Celtic Manor just be on the 2010? It will be very dull if they play the same course over 4 days, twice in a row. Equally, will pros really be playing on the 'lesser courses'? And I agree with the earlier post about Wentworth in October - very risky weather wise.

But I am happy with this news. It's a shame that there will almost certainly be no fans, but it will be nice to see so much pro golf.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Will Celtic Manor just be on the 2010? It will be very dull if they play the same course over 4 days, twice in a row. Equally, will pros really be playing on the 'lesser courses'? And I agree with the earlier post about Wentworth in October - very risky weather wise.

But I am happy with this news. It's a shame that there will almost certainly be no fans, but it will be nice to see so much pro golf.

They could do an mixture of both roman road and montgomery quite easily for the second round.

Agree 8 days on same course would be a little dull.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
They could do an mixture of both roman road and montgomery quite easily for the second round.

Front 9 of Monty and back of Roman would have to be the combo as back 9 on Monty too weak. Would need a buggy ride between 9 and 10.

18 holes off tips of Roman Rd and some rough would be ok! Bit of walking between holes there too though.

Last edited:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It’ll be great to see Tour golf back at The Forest of Arden, a beautiful track I’ve been lucky enough to play several times.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It’ll be great to see Tour golf back at The Forest of Arden, a beautiful track I’ve been lucky enough to play several times.
I saw the European Seniors there last year and a lot of those even at their age were under par and the winner was -10 for three rounds. I fear it may now be too short for the modern tour player. It probably wasn't back in the day when it hosted ET events but they simply hit it further these days

D

Deleted member 1147

7,200 off the back tees isn’t too shabby. May not be Bro Hoff Slot length, but should be fun.

sunshine

Visit site

I hope not. Monty and Roman Road are distinctly average, not up to hosting the pros. The Roman Road hosted the Wales Open when 2010 course was being built, players tore it apart.