Potential 5 weeks of pro golf in UK

sunshine

Visit site
I don’t about Hanbury, but the other three have all hosted major ET events in the past (and a Ryder Cup), so should be decent venues for the pros.

Hanbury manor hosted the English open several times. I think lee Westwood won one of them. It’s no different from Forest of Arden, another Marriott resort course.

Sure, I’d prefer to see the pros somewhere like Birkdale or sunningdale, but the logistics is more important.

sunshine

Visit site
I enjoyed the Solheim Cup, because it was golf and it was exciting golf to watch regardless of the sexes who were or weren’t playing.

Have been lucky to go and watch a couple of Women’s British Opens at Woburn. Really enjoyed attending those, and learned lots from watching the best women pros, especially watching their short games at close hand.

Really enjoyed attending the WBO at Woburn last year. My daughters had fun too.

Great to see how the women are able to generate distance with a slow swing speed but super technique. Relatable.

Short game surprised me though. Nowhere near as good as the men, can’t see any physiological reason for this. Maybe it was final round nerves but I was unimpressed.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Really enjoyed attending the WBO at Woburn last year. My daughters had fun too.

Great to see how the women are able to generate distance with a slow swing speed but super technique. Relatable.

Short game surprised me though. Nowhere near as good as the men, can’t see any physiological reason for this. Maybe it was final round nerves but I was unimpressed.

I’ve always assumed it’s the numbers entering the game. They’re exceptionally good. I just think more boys take up the game so therefore those who make the top 100 need to be phenomenal. Women’s sport have historically had less entering and therefore whilst still great the top players haven’t yet reached the same heights. Think that’s changing in most female sports as girls are growing up seeing more opportunity. Personally hope that funds can be ploughed into female sports to keep that trend.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Danielle Kang mentioned this in a No Laying Up interview.
She said something along the lines of it's a bit of a myth that the women's short game is as good as the men's.

Don't understand why to be honest. Same with the likes of snooker, pool, darts etc. Fallon Sherrock ❤️ is proving it can be done but it's incredible she's the first to break through on an equal basis.

not really, her Lisa Ashton and Suzuki all having some success at same time really, just Sherrock whos had most of the media attention. Ashton got her PDC circuit card in January, the first woman to do so but virtually unreported

not convinced any of them are on the same level as the best yet either, thats a bit away

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Well if the UK courses are a bit 'ropey' as hinted and there's no fans allowed anyway they should just come here
The island is covid free, Several tour standard courses close together with hotels
+3hrs on bst so the TV time in UK/europe is ideal for prime time
Mid winter so the weather and temp are great for golf

And ladies welcome too ??