Equipment junkies

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am a bit of a recovering equipment junkie. I love golf clubs, well, some golf clubs. I started playing in the era of beautiful persimmon woods, so loved MacGregor and Toney Penna, got into early Mizuno irons and have loved them ever since, was always fascinated by, but never really loved, Pings.

Over the years have had many, many clubs and still buy some on a whim, and then later stick them in the For Sale section later.

Biggest equipment junkie behaviour was Scotty Cameron putters, which I used to collect. Had quite a few, including some interesting and rare. Can post some pictures if anybody is interested. Now out of that habit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

I just keep my last set, just in case I ever need an emergency replacement club - ie I've broken a club on a rock or hitting a tree.
I also have the Ping Scottsdale anser putter I was fitted for with GM @ FoA, and my 13* Cleveland Launcher 3 wood, which I sometimes use in winter instead of carrying driver & 3 wood in my half set.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have far too many clubs in the garage which I haven't used for years. We will be moving house soon so they will all disappear to the Charity shop with the exception of a few putters and my spare set of clubs. And far too many pairs of shoes (but I'm not in Homer's league there)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over the years most of my unwanted has gone on ebay or lately Facebook market place.

We recently had Golf Clubs for Cash buying stuff at the club. There was lots of stuff they would not take or offered stupid money for simply because of it's age or make.

It is part of the reason I have a couple of sets of irons in the bedroom that have not been used in years.

I have a couple of putters and a couple of fairway woods that I still have not brought myself up to getting rid of despite not using them for over 10 years.

One of my biggest problems is hanging on to 52 degree wedges I have got around 10 of them. Some bought and tried and not as good as the one I am using and just stuffed in the bedroom bag.

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
I've got Golf Balls stashed all over the place much to the annoyance of the other half! Keep meaning to have a sort out and list a few on here. Would anyone be interested?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Well then, it was this thread that got me started and then came the "What have you got in your locker" where I eventually opened my closet and had a sort of "coming out" experience.
Some were quite supportive, whereas I had been anticipating much mickey-taking. So thanks for that.
So rather than wait until next week I decided to go for it today and took my camera up to the loft. I counted nine bags. So many that you can not really see the ones at the back.
This picture and the ones on the other mentioned thread do not include a purchase that arrived yesterday that features on the Vintage Golf thread.

I have found this whole experience more cathartic than embarrassing. Today I have parcelled up a Big Bertha, a 5-wood and a 1-iron that will be taken away soon.
Really good progress made by me thanks to these two threads. I feel a lot better and hope to make further progress.

The Loft.JPG

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Sold a set of irons and a putter - separate ebay listings - this week.

Lining up a few more.

Letting go is hard, but glad I've made a start.