Electric Trolleys

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In my opinion Go-Kart make excellent and functional trolleys backed up by exceptional customer service. They won't win any beauty contests but their trolley's are well built and reliable. I also have a Motocaddy Mi which again has given me no issues although I am nervous regarding their customer service should something happen

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Wouldnt touch Motocaddy after my previous dealings with them, both in terms of the trolley that fell apart but more in terms of their "customer service" or lack of, albeit many years ago now!

Since then I bought a Golfstream revolution, excellent, robust, well built trolley from a UK company that fully understands customer service and have been excellent on the rare occasions Ive needed to contact them. Not the cheapest but worth paying for imho

Lithium battery a must too whichever trolley imo

Haven't had an electric trolley but absolutely echo the comments about the poor customer service, that was earlier this year so doesn't sound like it's changed much. Buy a Powakaddy.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I recently bought a used m1 and its great so far, I even done 36 holes on one charge and battery indicator was still green,

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I switched to the Powakaddy because we were out of space in the car with three golfers, needed something smaller, and I like the premise of the C2. No real problems to date, couple of small things that could be better but overall happy with it. Have done a review elsewhere on the site with more details.
The C2 does indeed fold up nice and small, but IMHO that's about the extent of the pros.

It has a serious design fault. When (not if) the central bracket - that's held together with self-tapping screws into plastic(!) - breaks, you'll be left stranded in the middle of the course with a collapsed trolley.

D

Deleted member 21258

Another one for Gokart, I bought a 2nd hand off here and used by my mum loads since the 2ish years since. Hasn't missed a beat and battery still going great.

Whereas the proforce that wife/son have not been half as good.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Bought a hillbilly off eBay for about £50 and it was faultless.

Basic, uncomplicated, compact - great little trolley.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The C2 does indeed fold up nice and small, but IMHO that's about the extent of the pros.

It has a serious design fault. When (not if) the central bracket - that's held together with self-tapping screws into plastic(!) - breaks, you'll be left stranded in the middle of the course with a collapsed trolley.

Junior do not buy a C2. I have one and the brolly holder is so low I had to buy a brolly holder extender so I could stand under it. Avoid at your height.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Got a motocaddy S7 remote. Lovely trolley, love the remote, and it's good value for a remote. Love that I can walk upright, because I hunch my back if I walk with my hand on a handle. Just do.

But, it is expensive, and it is massive.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just to throw a curveball in, why not a push trolley? ClicGear are great, and given that like myself, you ain't short, if you want to put a brolly up & walk under it, you can do it with a ClicGear. The way the electrics are going for size and where they mount them, you'll be holding the brolly yourself or you'll be bent double trying to walk underneath it.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
One other thought. Pretty much every time I play a very hilly course that I vow that next electric trolley I buy MUST have downhill control.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
I will have to invest in a new one at some time I'm sure, but I have a Powakaddy Classic that's still going, so no doubting their longevity and build quality.