Electric trolleys

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
My push trolley is starting to look weathered so will be investing in a electric trolley in the near future,I don’t have a clue about them so what are other people using trolley wise and opinions cheers in advance

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The new moto caddy m series is blooming awful

Rented one at princes. The dial is so sensitive that it likes to race off when you just want to go up one speed

And I had it move a bit a couple times meaning my clubs got trapped

Can’t beat the original m1. 5 years had it now still going

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
the gokart seem to have a huge following it’s the first time I’ve heard of them .anyone got one for sale 😂

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I've had a Powakaddy C2 for a couple of years now. The longer I've had it, the less impressed I get.
Pros: it folds up really small and fits conveniently in a car boot. And the way the battery connects is pretty cool.
Cons: everything else. It has some design flaws that really seem inexcusable in such an expensive device. Problem is you only discover them once you start using the damn thing. In the shop when you're checking it out it seems wonderful.
Avoid.

Fabia999

Visit site
I bought the Motocaddy s3 pro at Christmas and got a free cart bag included.
I have 0 complaints about it. I have not found the dials as sensitive as some people suggest. I once hit my hybrid off the dial when getting it out and set it off, not a big problem as its easy to stop. Other that than I've never had a problem.
I have the standard lithium battery and I have done 27 holes before it died.. that was a long back 9!

I've never heard of gokart and there prices look very nice. I might have explored that option but I am very happy with my Motocaddy.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've had a Powakaddy C2 for a couple of years now. The longer I've had it, the less impressed I get.
Pros: it folds up really small and fits conveniently in a car boot. And the way the battery connects is pretty cool.
Cons: everything else. It has some design flaws that really seem inexcusable in such an expensive device. Problem is you only discover them once you start using the damn thing. In the shop when you're checking it out it seems wonderful.
Avoid.

I have had a Gokart, Motocaddy S1 and a Powakaddy C2i. I bought the Gokart as my first electric trolley based on price and support for them on here. It was a good beast, and when I had an issue out of warranty, the service to resolve was above and beyond. However, for me, I'm not a fan of the plastic frame, and couldn't live with it. I replaced it with a Motocaddy S1, which was a good bit of kit, and is still going strong 9 years on, currently used by mrs Wedge. But now, with three sets of clubs and trolleys to fit in the car, I needed something smaller to save space. last year purchased the C2i. I reviewed it here previously https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/powakaddy-compact-c2i.97540/ . There are a couple of minor issues and I could agree with CliveB, but, after using it for a bit over a year now, you get used to the flaws as they don't really affect the use, so I'm still happy to use it. The 18 hole lithium battery easyily does 36 holes between charges.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
last year purchased the C2i. I reviewed it here previously https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/powakaddy-compact-c2i.97540/ . There are a couple of minor issues and I could agree with CliveB, but, after using it for a bit over a year now, you get used to the flaws as they don't really affect the use, so I'm still happy to use it.
Don't get me wrong, I still use my C2, and you learn to live with its day-to-day foibles. But the major design flaw that causes it to collapse into an unusable heavy lump that can't stay up and strands you out on the course is inexcusable. (There's a major bracket held together with self-tapping screws into plastic which is bound to break sooner or later). When it happens to you, you might reappraise your view of it.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I recently bought a GolfVision trolley as it had amazing reviews, and is very light. Only negative is it doesn’t fold down very small

However ex-Demo with 36 hole lithium for £350 is a steal. Played 36 holes on Tuesday and the battery measure was still full.

Merryphil

Visit site
Had my GoKart 10 years, serviced by them twice, first rate product and unbelievably good customer service Example: last year whilst chucking it into the boot, bad round, wet, muddy, suicidal, I broke a wheel off. Emailed them Thursday mid-afternoon, phone call from them about 5 same day, "see you have had the cart 10 years, so will replace both wheels free but sorry, can't get them to you until Monday". Fantastic.

simonm8

Visit site
I own a go kart, and got there bag as well.. about 6 months in the bag started having problems with zip.. called them up they sent a new one next day delivery and let me keep my bag, something to do with changing the manufacturer so didn't need it back... I also had a issue, my fault when Ching to hedgehog wheels I lost one of the the little black ball nuts that hold front wheel on, called them up, sent me out a few spares..

My dad purchased a second hand one, sent it off for service, came back looking new.. Great customer service, folds nice and small

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
I am a newbie to trolley use and have a Powakaddy FW3. The convenience of being able to chuck whatever in your bag and not having to lug it around is great. However, they and all the other makes leave a lot to be desired, IMHO.
With the advent of modern materials and design, they should be a hell of a lot lighter than they are. Lightweight they are not. My modern FW3 is heavier than my wife's ancient Powerkaddy, it has more plastic in it's construction, folds no smaller and has an inferior control mechanism. I like the battery connection on mine and the battery life is much better.
It's all we can get at the moment, so we have to make do, but if you are looking, collapsed size and controls would be the two items I would focus on. (I would expect all modern trolleys to be able to manage 27 holes without re-charging).