Electric trolley advice please

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had enough of my mk1 gokart. It was too loud and I got fed up of the way it had to be assembled. I was wondering what people recommend. I've heard the mk2 gokart is much better than the mk1? At £430 for a 18 hole lithium battery that's a good price compared to other manufacturers.

Any advice please (I don't want to spend a fortune)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I had a Mk2 GoKart
Ran it for a couple of years, mostly on a fairly flat course.
Worked well, as good as anything else
Moved to a more undulating course and almost immediately realised that the centre of gravity was too high.
Compared to others like PK, MC or Fragger's Powerbug (I think) who's batteries are inches above the ground, the GK is a foot higher.
The wheels are fairly widespread to counter it but it felt unstable and going across some slopes the amount of sideways pressure required to keep it upright felt like the handle was going to snap.
During Lockdown I got a Motocaddy M3.
Expensive but 1st time out it felt 1000% more stable.
Not necessarily easier to assemble, just different but, with the inverted wheel system it takes up less space in the boot.
It's done around 300 miles post-lockdown and only gone over once on a very windy day when I didn't get the park angle quite right...the GK would have gone many times that day.
The GK was starting to creak a bit too, gave me the impression that it was, literally, about to fall apart.
I think if youremon a fairly flat course they're fine but on hills, especially side slopes, I think there are better options.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a Mk2 GoKart
Ran it for a couple of years, mostly on a fairly flat course.
Worked well, as good as anything else
Moved to a more undulating course and almost immediately realised that the centre of gravity was too high.
Compared to others like PK, MC or Fragger's Powerbug (I think) who's batteries are inches above the ground, the GK is a foot higher.
The wheels are fairly widespread to counter it but it felt unstable and going across some slopes the amount of sideways pressure required to keep it upright felt like the handle was going to snap.
During Lockdown I got a Motocaddy M3.
Expensive but 1st time out it felt 1000% more stable.
Not necessarily easier to assemble, just different but, with the inverted wheel system it takes up less space in the boot.
It's done around 300 miles post-lockdown and only gone over once on a very windy day when I didn't get the park angle quite right...the GK would have gone many times that day.
The GK was starting to creak a bit too, gave me the impression that it was, literally, about to fall apart.
I think if youremon a fairly flat course they're fine but on hills, especially side slopes, I think there are better options.
That's some great info thanks. My course is quite uneaven so you've saved me from a bad buy. Many thanks.
The m1 is looking good.

brotherdeal

Visit site
I’ve got the new M1 28v 18 hole version, its brilliant. Almost silent, super powerful and easily does 36 holes. Packs down very compact.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I thought the Mk.2 GoKart was only introduced last year. I've a 10 year old Mk.1 and my course is pretty hilly and I don't really have a problem with it. I've looked at the Mk.2 but this one just keeps going on add on and on so I can't see a reason to change it. I'm surprised you have issues with assembling it as I can get mine up and ready to go in less than a minute. Out of the bag, unfold, clip on the battery and I'm away.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought the Mk.2 GoKart was only introduced last year. I've a 10 year old Mk.1 and my course is pretty hilly and I don't really have a problem with it. I've looked at the Mk.2 but this one just keeps going on add on and on so I can't see a reason to change it. I'm surprised you have issues with assembling it as I can get mine up and ready to go in less than a minute. Out of the bag, unfold, clip on the battery and I'm away.
It's not that I'm having trouble I just think it's a stupid and clumsy design. It's the noise that really gets on my nerves. Has to be the loudest trolley out there.

The mk2 was released in 2018

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Well the design I guess is a matter of personal choice. I find it very slick. I understand the Mk.2 is a lot quieter but there's lots of other choices even outside of Powakaddy and Motocaddy.