Cheap Electric Trolley

BennyBoy85

Visit site
In the market for a new trolley as my push trolley doesn't have too many rounds left in it.

I've seen a few budget electric options via ebay/amazon, but wondered if it was a gamble and would I be best stumping up the extra £2-300 for a reputable branded one?

Alternatively, if anybody can recommend a quality push trolley for under £150 I could be swayed to stick with a push.
If anybody is selling any of the above please let me know also , cheers.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Another one for the GoKart. Mine is 10+ years old and still going strong. If you can, I'd go for one with a Lithium battery as it has so many benefits over old lead acid type batteries.
I notice our local Gumtree tends to have a number of second hand electric trollies for sale. It's always a gamble buying second hand but you can pick up some good bargains. Try them out, listen for any strange noises from the motor and check the wheels for play. If the trolley is second hand you may need to budget for a new battery anyway as you can't be sure of its condition.

D

Deleted Member 1156

GoKart do refurbished trolleys on their website, comes with the full warranty.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Bought and offmetrolley electric lead acid around two years ago with no complaints. My plan was to run down the battery and replace with Lithium once it died.

https://www.offmetrolley.com/product/z1-electric-golf-trolley-36-hole-white/

They do do a 27 hole lithium option for £50 more. Probably a good deal as my 36 hole lithium replacement was £170 alone.

They might not look as good as motocaddy etc. and it's a bit rough around the edges but I can't complain. It does what I need it to do.

BennyBoy85

Visit site
GoKart have no refurbs available via their website, and the full price lithium battery powered trolleys aren't far off the cost of a Powakaddy or similar.
Time to shop around a bit.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I'd be stearing clear of the no name ebay ones, seen too many fall apart after not a lot of use.
Gokart seems to be a forum favourite, but ive not used them and dont know anyone who does.
I'll be getting a Stewart when mine eventully packs up.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
GoKart have no refurbs available via their website, and the full price lithium battery powered trolleys aren't far off the cost of a Powakaddy or similar.
Time to shop around a bit.
An 18 hole lithium Gokart is £399. The equivalent Powakaddy / Motocaddy is around £599. £200 buys a decent amount of other gear, that is not a small gap.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really happy with the go kart automatic I got in Jan this year. With a 36 hole lithium battery it came in at £499.

The main reason I bought it was because I really liked the fact you just hold the handle and it moves at your speed. I've hired electors trollys before and didn't like the constant fiddling of the speed setting while walking.

BennyBoy85

Visit site
An 18 hole lithium Gokart is £399. The equivalent Powakaddy / Motocaddy is around £599. £200 buys a decent amount of other gear, that is not a small gap.

Fair point. Currently selling a few bits on ebay myself so my budget may be depending upon the amount raised there!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair point. Currently selling a few bits on ebay myself so my budget may be depending upon the amount raised there!
It still isn't cheap so I did get your point, apologies if I seemed a bit brief in my reply.

Gokart are the best of the mid price trolleys I would say. They may look a bit clunky but they are solid, do the job and if there is an issue the after sales has a strong reputation. Avoid the really cheap as they rarely good, buy cheap buy twice etc. There is then a gap up to the Motocaddy and Powakaddy ones. Motocaddy also offer refurb models https://www.motocaddy.com/uk/pre-owned . All currently out of stock :cry:. I got my son a push M1 from this site refurbished and it has been a great buy. You have to keep checking and you may get lucky.

BennyBoy85

Visit site
Appreciate all of the replies.
I'll keep scouring ebay and the recommend retailers refurb stock, not in any immediate rush (unless my current trolley suddenly dies and forces my hand :censored: ).