Ecco testing opportunity

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Hi all

The guys at Ecco are looking for three Golf Monthly forum members to put the latest Ecco spikeless golf shoe designs through some thorough testing. We are looking for a range of golfers, including those who have never tried spikeless before and even players who have tried them but returned to a spiked design.

The selected three will be fitted for a pair of Ecco spikeless shoes at stockist near to them. They will then select the style they like most and will try the shoes out for about a month. This will be followed by a day at a top UK golf course (TBC) in late June/early July, where they will play a round and offer their feedback on video as well as for a feature in a future issue. The feedback day will take place at a course within two hours driver of London and the three selected will need to arrange their own transport to the day.

If you would like to be considered please send the following information to paul_o’hagan@ipcmedia.com

We will select three people on May 9th.

Name
Contact number
Forum name
Handicap
Home club
Shoe size
Current golf shoes
Experience of wearing spikeless shoes
Style preferences when it comes to golf shoes
Average number of rounds per month

gripitripit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I had a pair of Ecco gore-tex walking boots years ago and they were the most comfortable things I have ever had on my feet and as much as I think the shoes are like slippers I am just not feeling the design of the golf range. But another great chance for 3 chaps on here.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Tried to apply but the email address doesn't seem to work??

Or is it just Gmail that doesn't allow the apostrophe in the email address??

I struggled as well, I think it's the font if you copy and paste the address from Paul's post. I deleted the apostrophe and then typed it in again and it worked fine.

:)mmm: I shouldn't have written that, I've just reduced my chances of being picked....)

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mmmmm golf shoes, I'm in :D

P.S. Do you think it would help my cause if I mentioned that 9th May is my birthday and I do like a nice new pair of golf shoes for my birthday ;)

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I have four pairs of Ecco golf shoes, so perhaps don't really need another pair. Being in Spain at the time might rule me out as well.;)

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Funny, I have been thinking of getting some spikeless shoes recently. Would a skype interview after the Irish Craic Classic be enough? ;)

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mmmmm golf shoes, I'm in :D

P.S. Do you think it would help my cause if I mentioned that 9th May is my birthday and I do like a nice new pair of golf shoes for my birthday ;)

Mentioning my birthday didn't get me on the Mizuno fitting so if you get picked, then I'll be calling for an inquiry :ears:

I'd be up for this but I'm on holiday around the feedback day, so can't guarantee I'll be available for that. So I'm oot.

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bah im booked to play in a society event that day.

Fantastic opportunity again good luck all and thanks gm.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Tried to apply but the email address doesn't seem to work??

Or is it just Gmail that doesn't allow the apostrophe in the email address??

The e-mail address works fine for me on g-mail. I will add however that I already had it saved from previous use so didn't copy and paste it, it is the same address however.

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The e-mail address works fine for me on g-mail. I will add however that I already had it saved from previous use so didn't copy and paste it, it is the same address however.
Same for me. What good timing, unlike the Ping opportunity where I had just ordered new clubs when it came up, was looking at new shoes for the summer when I was at the club yesterday. :)