Dustin Johnson

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Where should the line be drawn ? Allow people to take whatever substance they want

The whole world knows the effects of these drugs - even the same with alcohol and smoking and people still do it.

So what is the effect of these drugs exactly? It is a matter of how much is taken, just like alcohol, tobacco etc. Just because one person drinks so much they kill themselves then should it be banned?

Much of the crime is due to people offending to get money to support their habit and a lot of deaths are due to unclean needles and overdoses. IMO making it legal would reduce crime and as long as people are aware of the possible effects of over use then let them get on with it.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I never said he has went and robbed anyone while off his box???? Where did you get that from?

The principle is the same.

If a junkie robs your house do you want him sent to prison/hung drawn and quartered, or do you want to take sympathy on him, talk about how hard his life has been and get him some rehabilitation, even though he's robbed the family heirlooms and pawned them for 20 quid. I'm guessing it would be the first option for the majority of people.

DJ took drugs knowing full well the consequences if he got caught, he's been caught he deserves to be punished for it, not mollycoddled.
So who's house did DJ rob?? :confused:

D

Deleted member 15344

Making it legal includes adding taxes to it forcing the price high meaning people would then look for the cheap off market unmonitored stuff - making it legal will still mean people will find a way to gain money to gain the hit

One hit of heroin or ecstasy or many other numerous drugs has killed people - it is a lottery to how the human body reacts to even the smallest amount of drugs. Taking drugs is venturing into the unknown of the human body.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
So what is the effect of these drugs exactly? It is a matter of how much is taken, just like alcohol, tobacco etc. Just because one person drinks so much they kill themselves then should it be banned?

Much of the crime is due to people offending to get money to support their habit and a lot of deaths are due to unclean needles and overdoses. IMO making it legal would reduce crime and as long as people are aware of the possible effects of over use then let them get on with it.

Whilst I respect you're opinion I disagree that making it legal would reduce crime. Addicts would still have to get the money from somewhere to fund their habit.
And the number of addicts would probably sky rocket.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Making it legal includes adding taxes to it forcing the price high meaning people would then look for the cheap off market unmonitored stuff - making it legal will still mean people will find a way to gain money to gain the hit

One hit of heroin or ecstasy or many other numerous drugs has killed people - it is a lottery to how the human body reacts to even the smallest amount of drugs. Taking drugs is venturing into the unknown of the human body.
Rubbish,do a bit of research on how much it actually costs to create cocaine,crack or grow weed. It's peanuts.
It's so expensive because it's illegal.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I never said he has went and robbed anyone while off his box???? Where did you get that from?

The principle is the same.

If a junkie robs your house do you want him sent to prison/hung drawn and quartered, or do you want to take sympathy on him, talk about how hard his life has been and get him some rehabilitation, even though he's robbed the family heirlooms and pawned them for 20 quid. I'm guessing it would be the first option for the majority of people.

DJ took drugs knowing full well the consequences if he got caught, he's been caught he deserves to be punished for it, not mollycoddled.

The principle is absolutely not the same!

In the Junkie's case, the punishment is for the crimes committed to support his habit! The Junkie is quite likely to subsequently get support - at Drug Rehab centres - to wean him off the habit that requires him to commit the habit-supporting crime.

In DJ's case, there's no crime against other people as such. He should be 'entitled' to the same support in a Drug Rehab centre as the Junkie.

The fact that DJ can afford better quality rehab is a happy, for him, state!

But to 'punish' him for using drugs and not punish the Junkie for exactly the same thing goes against my sense of equality.

That doesn't meant I don't think he's an idiot (I do!), nor that he won't be 'punished'! I doubt he's the only user either! But it will be a great wake-up call for any others!

leaney

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Whilst I respect you're opinion I disagree that making it legal would reduce crime. Addicts would still have to get the money from somewhere to fund their habit.
And the number of addicts would probably sky rocket.

Absolute nonesense. Have a look at the statistics in Holland where they have a more relaxed approached to drugs and view things differently.

It's a fact that the current way of dealing with drugs over here, simply doesn't work.

Stop reading the Daily Mail and do a bit of research.

D

Deleted member 15344

Absolute nonesense. Have a look at the statistics in Holland where they have a more relaxed approached to drugs and view things differently.

It's a fact that the current way of dealing with drugs over here, simply doesn't work.

Their more relaxed approach is mainly aimed towards the use of cannabis as opposed to class A or B drugs and even then their approached has become more stricter in recent years

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Apart from Marijuana what other drugs are legal in holland?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Can't agree with this - certainly not for for Class A drugs . Lost track of whether Cannabis is a Class B or C, but could be swayed about legalising that.

Legalising (Class A) and making it cheaper would merely increase the number of users/addicts and the damage to society that causes.
Legalising but keeping price similar means, apart from an increase of users/addicts, that the same other crimes will be committed to pay for the next fix!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think the PGA are correct in the fact that technically he hasn't been banned but the PGA have a history of dealing with any misdemeanours on tour behind closed doors and so there is a possibility he has been caught on a random test and this is the best way of dealing with it. Either way, it's out there and he has a problem. It must be an addiction. I drank way too much in the past and eventually paid a price health wise. At the time I didn't realise I had a problem and thought I was just having a good time and handling it.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Dustin may not actually be addicted to coke! he might take it regularly enough but its unlikely he is snorting tonnes of the stuff or he wouldn't be able to preform well at golf!

he may just like an occasional binge on a Sunday after he has banked yet another fortune!

plenty of people take coke regularly but they are certainly not addicted to the stuff!

Matty2803

Head Pro
Visit site
Other than speculation and one unnamed source, who else said this was drug related?

Maybe something else has happend, to do with his family, or such like?