Dropped 11 shots in 2 weeks !!

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We've got a young lad at our club, I think he's 13/14, and his Dad pays off 5. He introduced Alex to golf in the last 2years, and he's been mad keen, we've often seen him out after school, or any day, dashing around the course, practising like hell.

Whatever he's doing, he's doing it well........
2 weeks ago, he was 24 Handicap.

He won the Div3 Medal on Sat 7th.......
He won the Stableford on Tues 10th - with 47 pts !!
He won a Junior Stableford on Thurs 12th - played to 10 !
& he's just won this Saturdays Stableford again, with 44 Pts !!

Now playing off 13 !! 24 - 13 IN 9 DAYS !!!
Now THATS some going - and he's just a pint size lad !

I passed him practising his chipping on the practise green, so went across to shake his hand and congratulate him, and off came the cap before he took my hand..........was so nice to behaviour like that from one so young.

Hats off to him ;-)

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great Story Macster, nice to hear of 'young uns' playing well and enjoying the game
11 shots reduction in 9 days, fantastic

My son ( 12 ) won a Junior Comp at my club on Easter Monday, 44 points, he was well chuffed, a Trophy to pick up later in the year
3 days earlier he was 4th with 38pts, and he played Friday 13th and had a nett 72
So a Canny 2 weeks school hols for the little fella..........

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Excellent golfing but, remember, juniors are cut full shots rather than 0.3, 0.2 etc so their cuts are more severe.

Nice to hear of him removing his cap. Mind you, that's what the tour pros do so he'll be copying them. I wonder if a similar aged kid would copy what the pro footballers do....... :whistle:

DCB

Visit site
Excellent golfing but, remember, juniors are cut full shots rather than 0.3, 0.2 etc so their cuts are more severe.

No they aren't. A Junior with a CONGU handicap of 28 or less is treated just the same as the rest of us for cuts and increases. So this young lad has done really well at the start of the season.

A Junior with a 'Club handicap' ie 29 or greater is treated in a slightly different manner, but still not full shot reductions, there is a formulae that is used for their reductions.

Jaymosafehands

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was in the group behind him last week - what a lovely smooth swing, and must only be 5 stone wet through!! the lad has loads of potential, and as Macster said, he's a very polite lad. When he 'fills out' he'll be a cracking golfer!

Great t o see at what's got a reputation of been an old fashioned club.

Saying that, beating the captain into second by 11 points won't help him!!!!! :-D