Driver tee height

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Made a rare visit to the practice ground this morning as I missed golf this morning on a perfect day for it, snoozed my alarm and went straight back to sleep.
Anyway only took driver and 7 iron as just driver I wanted to work on.
Forgot to take tees so had to use what was lying about which was on pink castle. I usually tee the ball higher and try and hit up and through. Did find I caught the bottom of the club more that usual.

I feel an infraction coming for admitting being a member of the PCT gang

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can’t see why a manufacturer hasn’t cottoned on and do this height in other colours.
Some people just don’t like pink.

one of the principles of castle tees is that each colour represents a different height so when some one says I use a an orange tee I think of the height of one I use for irons off mats ie 6mm/.25" (although I see at of of manufacturers now offer these in green).

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
one of the principles of castle tees is that each colour represents a different height so when some one says I use a an orange tee I think of the height of one I use for irons off mats ie 6mm/.25" (although I see at of of manufacturers now offer these in green).
Yes I see but you would have thought they would make the most popular height a decent colour.
White is my preference.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes I see but you would have thought they would make the most popular height a decent colour.
White is my preference.

White castle tees were already in existence before grey (now often seen as orange) pink and orange (as a very low tee) existed.

There is little point in having a colour code system if manufacturers do not stick to it but that is the Chinese for you.

I only know one player that uses white tees.

My usage is very low orange/green - irons off mats
Red - 3 wood off mats
Pink- driver off mats

I use 'normal' tees off grass (I like to vary the height according to the tee shot I want to hit)

Smoj

Visit site
32mm red plastic tees for woods, hybrids & irons
59mm pink castle for the driver, but yesterday i found a 70mm silver castle tee and used it and i liked it more than the pink, but then i couldnt find it after i hit it
so i ordered a bag of 70mm orange tees

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
White castle tees were already in existence before grey (now often seen as orange) pink and orange (as a very low tee) existed.

There is little point in having a colour code system if manufacturers do not stick to it but that is the Chinese for you.

I only know one player that uses white tees.

My usage is very low orange/green - irons off mats
Red - 3 wood off mats
Pink- driver off mats

I use 'normal' tees off grass (I like to vary the height according to the tee shot I want to hit)
Just normal white tee for me.
Vary the height for club.
But have always teed the ball low.
Might be from my persimmon days.:confused:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Pink castle tee for me (also have some in the same height in purple and bamboo).

I used orange for some time, but found that I was hitting some drives way too high and losing distance. Changed to pink and that has improved the strikes.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use a plain long tee and push it in as far as need be for the shot I want to hit. Sounds like I am in the minority.
the reason I stopped using "adjustable" tees was, before I was a member of a course where the tee boxes are well kept , getting the tee in the ground during baking hot summers and freezing winters.. found I snapped the tee trying to force into frozen / baked ground.. where as a castle tee never snaps because its A stronger and B only got a small section that goes into the ground.

I have moved to a 3 tee system now

all bamboo tees (castle still)

pink , white and red

better for the environment

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I used to use pink but moved to orange for a while. Then I started skying the ball so went back to pink. Eventually I found I was skying those, so have been using whites for 6 months or more.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to use pink but moved to orange for a while. Then I started skying the ball so went back to pink. Eventually I found I was skying those, so have been using whites for 6 months or more.
If you’re skying them I would think it is technique rather than tee height that is at fault. You maybe coming down a bit too steep into the ball.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Have always used the orange tees.

Encourages me to hit more in the up swing, greater distance, etc.

Feel like I hit down more on the occasions I've used the pink tees. Might be talking crap as there's only 1cm or so between them.

Think it's the blue PTS wooden tees which are the equivalent to the orange castle tee?
I’m sorry. I do have a very serious question which I mean no malice by. How bored were you to go back to a thread that is almost 4 years old to post this response to it? you could almost argue that it breaks data protection! ?

sunshine

Visit site
I use a plain long tee and push it in as far as need be for the shot I want to hit. Sounds like I am in the minority.

There is probably a correlation between the sort of person that uses a colour coded castle tee system and the sort of person that engages in a 4 year debate on tee usage on an internet forum. You are in the minority of that group ?

For what it’s worth, I’ve never bought a tee in my life, I just use straight wooden ones which are always lying around on the tee.

Smoj

Visit site
whats the consensus with white tee marks on the driver? badge of honer or an annoying nusense have to clean it off after the drive?

D

Deleted member 29109

whats the consensus with white tee marks on the driver? badge of honer or an annoying nusense have to clean it off after the drive?

Depends whereabouts on the face it is ?

TigerBear

Visit site
Did @TigerBear bump a four year old topic about tees or was there a spambot bump that's now deleted?? :LOL:

Contrary to what I posted back then, I've been using pink castle tees for the last few years now. When I did my driver fitting 3+ years ago the fitter outrightly told me to stop using the orange ones as they were too high and I was losing distance, switched to the pinks and have stuck with them since. As an added bonus, these are the ones I find on the ground at my course most frequently - at least 1 per round - so in theory I will never need to buy them ever again.

I still don't know what the joke is on here with them, but personally I don't see a downside to having your ball teed up at the perfect height for every single drive.

I’m sorry. I do have a very serious question which I mean no malice by. How bored were you to go back to a thread that is almost 4 years old to post this response to it? you could almost argue that it breaks data protection! ?

:ROFLMAO: I was randomly googling something like orange tee height and this thread came up, felt I had to reply:LOL:

Does the OP still even have an active account? :ROFLMAO:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I buy bamboo castle tees they are set at the orange height but aren't orange. Then I have a packet of normal bamboo tees for when I want to manipulate. I find the castle bamboo rarely break compared to the normal tees.