Driver problems

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For the last 2-3 rounds I’ve been really struggling with driver, all came to a head on Saturday when it cost me 5-6 shots which ultimately meant I didn’t qualify for day 2 of our champs (I missed out on countback, 1 shot would’ve done it! ?)

I was all over the shop, low pulls, blocks right, any which were remotely online had too height to them. Other clubs are fine, relatively good strikes roughly on target.

Anyway, I bought some of the supposedly indestructible bamboo tees and used them for the first time last night, and although my driver largely behaved, I broke 3 of these tees! They’re the orange castle tee type and they were snapping more towards the top. Just wondering if that would give an indication of what my swing might be doing, ie, hitting down?

Or not.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When you next get your driver out to take a shot, mention to your playing partners that you are going to be buying a new driver shortly. Your current one will start behaving and long straight drives will become the norm.

Worked for me anyway :p
I do keep mentioning it just to keep the current driver on it's toes.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Boring answer I know but I’d get a lesson with your pro, he’ll be able to tell you straight away your problem and hopefully you’ll come away from it full of confidence again ???

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds like me on a bad day.
Hitting down on it sounds about right it’s a fault of mine.
You could do with a video to asses the prob with your pro.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Bamboo tees are such a waste of manufacturing energy I'm sure. I've gone through 40 and none of them survived the first strike of a, club. Found a plastic castle one (not pink!) and used it for 2 rounds now.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Having a lesson is probably the sensible thing, and I will soon to give me something to work on over the winter. I guess I was hoping someone might have the answer! ?

As for bamboo tees, I’ll be going back to plastic until I’ve mastered ‘picking the ball off the tee’ rather than smashing the tee itself!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having a lesson is probably the sensible thing, and I will soon to give me something to work on over the winter. I guess I was hoping someone might have the answer! ?

As for bamboo tees, I’ll be going back to plastic until I’ve mastered ‘picking the ball off the tee’ rather than smashing the tee itself!
Personally, if the tee stays in the ground with driver it means I've hit it a bit thin, and the ball doesn't really carry as far. The tee should come out of the ground I feel, which implies you do make contact with it. (I use plastic castles though so they don't break of course.)