Driver tee height

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Been using the pink castles most of last year, I was using the taller grey or orange castles but was getting to much height and not much roll out, the lower tee seems to have helped but I still don't get much roll out unless I hit it a bit thin,

TigerBear

Visit site
Have always used the orange tees.

Encourages me to hit more in the up swing, greater distance, etc.

Feel like I hit down more on the occasions I've used the pink tees. Might be talking crap as there's only 1cm or so between them.

Think it's the blue PTS wooden tees which are the equivalent to the orange castle tee?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
If you are going to use so many of these, I think you should do the responsible thing and switch to bamboo ?
I've never bought a tee peg in my life, so I don't feel I've contributed to a problem.
A few years ago I put 100 pink ones on a table in the bar and told everyone to help themselves. They weren't technically mine anyway. I kept 6, but I've got about 100 again.
I haven't found any bamboo tees of any size yet. When plastic tees are outlawed, I won't disagree.

These do look silly, but I don't see any reason for ridiculing anyone who uses them. They rarely break, get lost or discarded on the course.
cone tees.jpg

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I've never bought a tee peg in my life, so I don't feel I've contributed to a problem.
A few years ago I put 100 pink ones on a table in the bar and told everyone to help themselves. They weren't technically mine anyway. I kept 6, but I've got about 100 again.
I haven't found any bamboo tees of any size yet. When plastic tees are outlawed, I won't disagree.

These do look silly, but I don't see any reason for ridiculing anyone who uses them. They rarely break, get lost or discarded on the course.
View attachment 45847

do they come with scoring beads and ball finding glasses

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did @TigerBear bump a four year old topic about tees or was there a spambot bump that's now deleted?? :LOL:

Contrary to what I posted back then, I've been using pink castle tees for the last few years now. When I did my driver fitting 3+ years ago the fitter outrightly told me to stop using the orange ones as they were too high and I was losing distance, switched to the pinks and have stuck with them since. As an added bonus, these are the ones I find on the ground at my course most frequently - at least 1 per round - so in theory I will never need to buy them ever again.

I still don't know what the joke is on here with them, but personally I don't see a downside to having your ball teed up at the perfect height for every single drive.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did @TigerBear bump a four year old topic about tees or was there a spambot bump that's now deleted?? :LOL:

Contrary to what I posted back then, I've been using pink castle tees for the last few years now. When I did my driver fitting 3+ years ago the fitter outrightly told me to stop using the orange ones as they were too high and I was losing distance, switched to the pinks and have stuck with them since. As an added bonus, these are the ones I find on the ground at my course most frequently - at least 1 per round - so in theory I will never need to buy them ever again.

I still don't know what the joke is on here with them, but personally I don't see a downside to having your ball teed up at the perfect height for every single drive.
Can’t see why a manufacturer hasn’t cottoned on and do this height in other colours.
Some people just don’t like pink.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
For Driver I just use one long tee and adjust my swing to change the ball flight.

For irons, I use the same long tee, I just push it in further.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
For Driver I just use one long tee and adjust my swing to change the ball flight.

For irons, I use the same long tee, I just push it in further.
This looks just like a video of me hitting drives. Except I'd be trying to hit them both exactly the same. :LOL:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
This looks just like a video of me hitting drives. Except I'd be trying to hit them both exactly the same. :LOL:

I'm always puzzled when I see people buy a new driver because they want to hit the ball higher or lower.
What happens when your lovely new driver that hits it high and you turn into the wind and you want to hit it low.....2 drivers?
It's a useful skill to learn when you want to control/change your ball flight.
And don't get me started on 5 wedges. :whistle:

The problem is it takes time to learn the skill and I know people don't have the time to spare because days are much shorter than they used to be....or more likely..... HID has plans for your spare time.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My normal tee is orange (or a normal tee at that sort of height) to try and encourage me to hit up. I will use a pink if it’s windy to try and keep it down, or if I’m going through a spell of bad hooks, as the pink tees make me feel like I’m going to hit down/cut a bit more. All in the head for me.

I did buy some bamboo tees but found that they were breaking way too easily. Largely due to my swing I think as I don’t often ‘sweep’ the ball off it and leave the tee in the ground, but still, found them to be a waste of money and went back to plastic.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Made a rare visit to the practice ground this morning as I missed golf this morning on a perfect day for it, snoozed my alarm and went straight back to sleep.
Anyway only took driver and 7 iron as just driver I wanted to work on.
Forgot to take tees so had to use what was lying about which was on pink castle. I usually tee the ball higher and try and hit up and through. Did find I caught the bottom of the club more that usual.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I'm always puzzled when I see people buy a new driver because they want to hit the ball higher or lower.
What happens when your lovely new driver that hits it high and you turn into the wind and you want to hit it low.....2 drivers?
It's a useful skill to learn when you want to control/change your ball flight.
And don't get me started on 5 wedges. :whistle:

The problem is it takes time to learn the skill and I know people don't have the time to spare because days are much shorter than they used to be....or more likely..... HID has plans for your spare time.

Cobras.JPG

Cobra F-Speed 10.5d regular shaft and 9.0d stiff shaft. It is not merely the trajectory or height achieved, but I find the 10.5 easy to draw and the 9.0 easy to fade. Took them both to Copsewood Grange last year playing in an invitation betterball. That course has several doglegs.
That was the only time I took both in the bag. It was my first time playing that course. I've had the 10.5d since 2010 and bought the 9.0 last year.
I find them both easy to hit straight as well.