What if your driver suddenly cracked?

sunshine

Visit site
I'd quickly pop into the tour truck and get the fitter to put together a new driver with my spec. The tour fitter has my spec so he could quickly knock up a new one. If he was missing anything I'm sure he could use a shaft or head that very closely matched my spec which would be fine for 18 holes.

Reckon it would be ready to go by the time I've finished my cappuccino and signed a few autographs.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I would have a poor round.

I can hit driver OKish, 3 wood hasn’t been in the bag during a round for a long time.
Leaves the hybrid, which is 60+ yards short of the driver and approaches which are outside my comfort zone.

My best option would be a frantic sprint to the pro shop.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Same as a lot have said, my fairway is a 3/4 wood currently cranked to 16.5*, I’d knock it down to 15*\14* no doubt shoot a round of my life the sit in the bar wondering why I ever carry a dam driver!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'd quickly pop into the tour truck and get the fitter to put together a new driver with my spec. The tour fitter has my spec so he could quickly knock up a new one. If he was missing anything I'm sure he could use a shaft or head that very closely matched my spec which would be fine for 18 holes.

Reckon it would be ready to go by the time I've finished my cappuccino and signed a few autographs.

Take your time and have a large coffee, send the caddy to visit the tour truck surely! :sneaky:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spare? I have a one in one out policy now. I'd go to my 3 wood. I am only a little shorter with it on a good day so that would not be a big deal. I will sometimes do 9 holes in an evening and use 3 wood instead of driver to keep my eye in with it so it would not be a dramatic moment for me.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am not sure if this is true any more modern drivers are pretty forgiving things.
To the original question, I would go to my three wood, I used to use it a lot but with modern drivers I'm more reliable off the tee with a driver than a three.
I just watch the lads I play with.
It’s still true imo.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You must have a good insurance policy, damage during usage is normally excluded.

I made sure my policy had damage during play included. TBH that's the most likely time you're going to damage/break your equipment so I made sure it was included in my policy. Recently had to make a claim because my bag tore during a round and low and behold - pay out with a new bag!