Will I play better if...

D

Deleted member 3432

Point 1 - Forget Mizuno because Srixons are way better, I played Mizuno and do not regret ditching them!

Point 2 - Lessons, not new equipment is the way forward in my view. You can play decent golf but have forgotten how to due to inactivity. Lessons required to regain muscle memory of decent technique.

I'm in a similar position to youself in that I have a 3 year old and play infrequently. Every round I play is a competition round (13 last year and similar year before) and its not easy.

I can get a couple of hours practice in each week and have to make that count. One sesson maybe on irons and pitching and another on chipping and putting.

I'm fortunate that my handicap has stayed fairly static, in fact crept down .2 last season but there were some inconsistent rounds over the year.

I think my best eclectic 18 was 59 and worst was about 105 so there was some good stuff and some car crashes!!

I do however enjoy the game more than ever now as I appreciate how much I love playing. You can take it for granted playing regularly.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Yes you're right, I just looked at the pictures in the FS when I sold mine, I had it in my mind they were more like my current RSi TP's with a diamond muscleback.

Just made a bid :eek:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did lessons a few years back. I found them great but when I am not playing I feel a lesson is a waste, it's not value for money.

Thanks for the advice all. Normally I would be all over this saying get a lesson.

This is one rare situation I think buying a club is better than a lesson. This thread is helping me confirm that.

I won't be replacing my gear, just substituting it for a few years.

I'm not getting new irons but I think I will get a high loft hybrid, 5 wood and maybe a high loft driver or mini driver.

Now to try and get all those on the cheap!

Those three will be the long end of my bag for a while. Until I am a club member again and go back to getting lessons.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes you're right, I just looked at the pictures in the FS when I sold mine, I had it in my mind they were more like my current RSi TP's with a diamond muscleback.

Just made a bid :eek:

They are definitely mp52. I sold a set to my nephew who still plays them.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I did lessons a few years back. I found them great but when I am not playing I feel a lesson is a waste, it's not value for money.

Thanks for the advice all. Normally I would be all over this saying get a lesson.

This is one rare situation I think buying a club is better than a lesson. This thread is helping me confirm that.

I won't be replacing my gear, just substituting it for a few years.

I'm not getting new irons but I think I will get a high loft hybrid, 5 wood and maybe a high loft driver or mini driver.

Now to try and get all those on the cheap!

Those three will be the long end of my bag for a while. Until I am a club member again and go back to getting lessons.

Forget the high lofted driver. Spend 20 on a single driver lesson if you can't get it over 100 yards. A couple of degrees more on there face isn't going to help that particular problem.