Dreaded Sh**k

jonny1409

Club Champion
Visit site
As per my thread in the lounge, I'm posting a video of my swing here to see if anyone can have a look and see why I've suddenly started sha**ing the ball with my irons.

The one thing I notice (to my untrained eye) is that I lift up a bit and my head moves a lot - however, I've always done this to an extent and haven't sha**ed the ball.

Any advice would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjRnxzrvb3I

The video looks more like a miss hit thin after cutting across the line and the club head overtaking the hands, if however the others are 'real' J Arthurs then it's understandable as you are throwing from the top.
Contrary to what you might feel, stand a little closer and at the top of the swing HOLD the hand set for as long as you can while unwinding with the hips and you will see and feel the difference immediately. Good luck, look forward to seeing the next vid.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Swinging around your body too much on follow through, aim for a high finish.

Try to keep shoulders square or slightly closed at impact position.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
As per my thread in the lounge, I'm posting a video of my swing here to see if anyone can have a look and see why I've suddenly started sha**ing the ball with my irons.

The one thing I notice (to my untrained eye) is that I lift up a bit and my head moves a lot - however, I've always done this to an extent and haven't sha**ed the ball.

Any advice would be appreciated.

http:

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjRnxzrvb3I

I take it thats not your full swing?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It's back to front.
It's long on the backswing and short on the followthrough.
Try and finish off the swing with your hands behind your head and hit it man :D

jonny1409

Club Champion
Visit site
I see what you mean now. Whilst it is a full swing, it's with an 8 iron so trying to be a bit more controlled to hit the green.