DQ or not?

needmoreclub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Question for the knowledgable amongst us gents.

Competition day, members card marked by AN Other who records correct score at each hole but adds up incorrectly giving final score of 69 instead of 72, player signs for the 69 and enters his card. Is he DQ'd?

Last edited:

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
As long as the score entered for each individual hole is correct, it is the committees responsibility to add up, or indeed correct any arithmetical errors with no penalty to the player.

Decision 6-6d/2

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Had it happen to me recently. All the scores added to what I made totals so didn't check the boxes. The eejit doing my card put 2 scores wrong in boxes and added them up wrong, so was given a nett 70 rather than 68!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had it happen to me recently. All the scores added to what I made totals so didn't check the boxes. The eejit doing my card put 2 scores wrong in boxes and added them up wrong, so was given a nett 70 rather than 68!

It takes only about 20 seconds to cross-check the the individual hole-by-hole gross scores with your marker - could save you some heartache!

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As long as hole scores are correct it is up to Committee to check arithmetic and apply correct handicap.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It takes only about 20 seconds to cross-check the the individual hole-by-hole gross scores with your marker - could save you some heartache!

I do agree and wont make the mistake again but it also it only takes a few seconds to check that the score you write down is the right one!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Yep. Never trust you eejit Marker. Even if he's a Pro. There's certainly been incidents where incorrect scores have been expensive. Roberto de Vicenzo?

T

thecraw

Why was it not picked up when it was entered into the computer?