DQ for not following club rule

D

Deleted member 15344

Decision 6-6b/8 covers this. (sorry can't cut and paste it on the phone)

Interesting - cheers :thup:

Most of the time when it comes to the people not putting the scores in a DQ doesn't really effect them

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Have I missed where it mentioned Disqualification ?

It says a penalty of a disciplinary nature can be applied ? Can that not include DQ from that comp whilst still allowing the score to be valid towards HC

Edit: it has been mentioned to the county and EGU and both have said a number clubs do make it a CoC and people do get DQ for not entering their score into the PSI

Then I suggest you contact EGU and confirm whether it is legitimate to do it that way! You neglected to mention whether either organisation had decided whether it was legitimate to do so - and that the Clubs may simply be 'getting away with it'.

An appeal by someone who has been DQ-ed would also test the validity of the ruling. I'm almost certain that the only reason that hasn't happened is that those that have been DQ-ed either haven't been bothered about the competition (merely the score for handicap) or haven't actually been any of the winners!

Edit: The Decision Spuddy refers to was also referenced in the Congu Decision 1(m) that Rosecott quoted!

Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Providing the Committee has published an appropriately worded Condition of Competition they would seem to have the authority. However, since DQ is only applied for a subsequent offence, I cannot see how it can be applied to the completion of one round.

Appendix I
Part C Conditions of the Competition

3. Pace of Play (Note 2 to Rule 6-7)

The Committee may establish pace of play guidelines to help prevent slow play, in accordance with Note 2 to Rule 6-7.

Rule 6-7
Note 2:
For the purpose of preventing slow play, the Committee may, in the conditions of a competition (Rule 33-1), establish pace of play guidelines including maximum periods of time allowed to complete a stipulated round, a hole or a stroke.

I will seek advice tomorrow.

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Providing the Committee has published an appropriately worded Condition of Competition they would seem to have the authority. However, since DQ is only applied for a subsequent offence, I cannot see how it can be applied to the completion of one round.

Appendix I
Part C Conditions of the Competition

3. Pace of Play (Note 2 to Rule 6-7)

The Committee may establish pace of play guidelines to help prevent slow play, in accordance with Note 2 to Rule 6-7.

Rule 6-7
Note 2:
For the purpose of preventing slow play, the Committee may, in the conditions of a competition (Rule 33-1), establish pace of play guidelines including maximum periods of time allowed to complete a stipulated round, a hole or a stroke.

I will seek advice tomorrow.

I'm not sure what you are checking, whilst I agree with what you have set out, the DQ here is being applied for failure to record start and/or finish times on the returned scorecard; not the failure to comply with a documented POP during the round.

As such I do not believe it is acceptable at all.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Really struggling to understand how some committees or clubs are being run! This is the second bizarre DQ in as many days.

The thread about wearing jeans/£1 short and now not putting the time of play on the card warrants a DQ :rolleyes:! People try and play this game for fun and sorry but what do these busy bodies get out of ruining someone's day by doing this?

I warning and slap on wrist is all that is needed but no that would be mean them using their brains!

rant over :(

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure what you are checking, whilst I agree with what you have set out, the DQ here is being applied for failure to record start and/or finish times on the returned scorecard; not the failure to comply with a documented POP during the round.

As such I do not believe it is acceptable at all.

The original post says

"Can a club DQ a competitor from a competition for not following a rule they have put in place to monitor certain behaviour, for example the completion time of a round?"

The question re entering extra information on the card had already been settled but I thought it worth exploring how a Coc could provide for DQ in the case of a single round when the specimen words says 'DQ for subsequent breaches'

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
The original post says

"Can a club DQ a competitor from a competition for not following a rule they have put in place to monitor certain behaviour, for example the completion time of a round?"

The question re entering extra information on the card had already been settled but I thought it worth exploring how a Coc could provide for DQ in the case of a single round when the specimen words says 'DQ for subsequent breaches'

Ah - understand. Not sure about the concept of aspects having been 'answered' on here though!

Anyway - imo the penalty clause on 6-7, including the modification specifically provided in the note, would preclude ie whilst the coc may include an overall round time as a valid POP (however unwise....) the maximum penalty applicable for the breach would be a 2 stroke penalty.

Look forward to reading any ruling in due course.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Really struggling to understand how some committees or clubs are being run! This is the second bizarre DQ in as many days.

The thread about wearing jeans/£1 short and now not putting the time of play on the card warrants a DQ :rolleyes:! People try and play this game for fun and sorry but what do these busy bodies get out of ruining someone's day by doing this?

I warning and slap on wrist is all that is needed but no that would be mean them using their brains!

rant over :(

I sum it up with the word 'Committee-itis'! :whistle: