Don't you just love ebay

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
You can get Zero selling fees at times usually sent by message. I sold my flight scope XI+ Launch Monitor with no fees which saved me a few beers.

That is the final value fee. Sometimes they have max 2%.

Of course you still get normal Paypal fees but it is a big saving.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I remember using it around the turn of the century to buy something and wasn't enamored with the process, didn't bother with it after that

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
I see it down the tip people who work there watching what you're throwing away like hawks and this is stuff we think the charity shop won't take

Wonder how much of it goes on the Bay ?

GBC

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Wow! :eek:

Most people would just throw that into the rubbish tip.
Ooh - link shows a Sony CD Walkman - I've got one of these...£50! I guess it's a retro think (CD players retro - now who'd have thunk that...)

Maybe I'll see if my lad wants to have a go sorting and selling the thousands of golf balls I have in the garage...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That isn't flipping anything around because ebay patently does not have a monopoly. Gumtree, Facebook, Ebid, your club notice board, the GM forum. There are lots of places that you can choose to sell. You will pay more for a bigger audience.

eBay has the monopoly on the bigger audience though doesn't it.. those ways of selling are all small settings that don't have eBay's wide range

If they were like for like with the same audience it wouldn't have a monopoly .. so yes it does

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
eBay has the monopoly on the bigger audience though doesn't it.. those ways of selling are all small settings that don't have eBay's wide range

If they were like for like with the same audience it wouldn't have a monopoly .. so yes it does

I assumed you were using monopoly in the way its defined in the dictionary. Not making up your own definitions. My mistake.

You're quite correct, eBay have a "monopoly" on the audience that uses eBay. In the same way that Gumtree has a "monopoly" on the people who use Gumtree; and Facebook have a "monopoly" on the people who use Facebook.

If you don't want access to eBay's market, don't use it. Use one of the cheaper services but accept that you'll have fewer views and bids - it's a free choice and you get what you pay for.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I assumed you were using monopoly in the way its defined in the dictionary. Not making up your own definitions. My mistake.

You're quite correct, eBay have a "monopoly" on the audience that uses eBay. In the same way that Gumtree has a "monopoly" on the people who use Gumtree; and Facebook have a "monopoly" on the people who use Facebook.

If you don't want access to eBay's market, don't use it. Use one of the cheaper services but accept that you'll have fewer views and bids - it's a free choice and you get what you pay for.

Can you set up bids on FB and gumtree or is it all classified ads?

eBay seems to be the only auction style website ....

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I see it down the tip people who work there watching what you're throwing away like hawks and this is stuff we think the charity shop won't take

Wonder how much of it goes on the Bay ?

GBC

My mates uncle used to run the local tip he used to sell the golf stuff to me at knock down prices and I used to put it on ebay or in the Yellow Trade IT and split the profit. Long time ago now but the best was a fully working Powa kaddy electric trolley with charger for £20.