Done a Faldo!

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played a round at the weekend very up and down either par or triple bogey all the way round.
Got to the 10th a short par 4 about 280 yards with a green at right angles to the fairway protected by a large pond.
After standing on the tee and saying the fatal words "I've nevr got worse than a par on this hole" I proceeded to slice my 5 iron into the rough in line with the lake.
Walked up to where my ball landed saw a Titelist sitting there so pulled out my 9 iron took a swing and watched my ball soar over the lake and land 4 feet from the pin result!

Pops my club back in the bag and was just about to walk away when a chap came over from the next fairway and asked if I'd seen his ball...................

Yes you've guessed it played the wrong ball, he was playing a titlist with some corporate logo on it, checked the green and lo and behold it was his, found mine about 5 yards away sitting so deep it could have been in Australia.

Of course I put THAT one straight in the pond!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
DOH

Don't worry we've all been there and made a complete horlicks of a hole. At the moment I can't seem to play our 4th. Only 300 odd yards straight away over the brow of a hill (SI 16).

Haven't parred it for months.