Does your club charge an Admin Fee for competitions?

Does your club charge an Admin Fee for competitions?

• Only Sweep and/or Twos money - all returned as prize/pro shop account

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Percentage of sweep fee retained

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Separate fee from the Sweep/Twos

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • We don't pay for competitions at all

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Percentage retained to cover cost of Trophies/engraving

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I know what 2’s means but what do you mean by Sweep ? Didn’t have this at my old club , just joined a new club after 14 yrs out and not got my hcp yet so not been able to enter the comps .
Same as for the twos, cash (usually paid into pro shop account) entry and top 'x' get a cash prize, often based on sections

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’d be surprised if the majority of clubs don’t keep something back. We’re proprietary owned, and the committee’s biggest source of funds by a country mile is competitions. The small percentage retained from entry fees goes towards the cost of trophies and engraving.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ours actually varies standard medals no entrance fee but voluntary sweep and 2's. Some cups have a modest entrance fee for prizes etc.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
AS I indicated in the other thread, we pay out approx 85% of entry fees in prizes. The 15% is for covering trophy and honours boards updates work out about right give or take a few quid. I don't see why this is a problem. At a members club, all monies are used for the benefit of members no matter where it comes from so why does it matter whether competition entry fees or subscriptions pay for those costs. In a propriety club, not sure it would be right to expect the club owners to pay such costs.

Swango1980

Visit site
At my current club (members club) it is £4 per comp. I've no idea what the money is used for in detail.

At my last club (run by an owner), £3 per comp. This money was invested in prizes. However, it was also needed to invest in things like fixture booklets, honours boards, club ISV, etc. These costs were shared amongst the main section of the club, Seniors section and the owner.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Our club put up comp fees from £3 to £4 and £1 for the 2’s. the £1 increase was to pay for staff who check the cards. Comp is scored online as well. Club shop is private from the course owner. Members were not chuffed with the increase. Nine hole comp on Tuesday just gone. There were 4 in the comp.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not sure tbh, for ordinary medals it's £3, which includes pound each for sweep and twos and there is always a scratch prize as well
For the silver comps it's £10, not sure of the breakdown of that but there is always a scratch and net prized and each one of those has multiple accompanying prizes.